Coming in May: Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes! [UPDATED!]

So they just gave the title and showed the cover mock-ups; no specific info till Monday?

Staffan

Legend
I'm excited about this book. Both because of the subject matter itself (more monsters are always fun, and this seems like a nice approach) and because it breaks the previously established pattern of D&D publications. Previously we've had:

A "lesser" (not as in "worse", but as in "with less support and marketing") adventure released in spring: Princes of the Apocalypse, Curse of Strahd, Tales from the Yawning Portal.
A major adventure release in late summer, with a big marketing push and lots of material surrounding it: Tyranny of Dragons, Out of the Abyss, Storm King's Thunder, and Tomb of Annihilation.
A sourcebook in late fall: Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Volo's Guide to Monsters, Xanathar's Guide to Everything.

Now we're getting a sourcebook in spring, which means the rest of the schedule could be shaken up as well.

Herosmith14

First Post
Monsters will be cool, but I'm for one hoping for a handful of races, even if I'm expecting it to be relatively small. 130 pages of monsters and all.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Spookyboots

Explorer
Now we're getting a sourcebook in spring, which means the rest of the schedule could be shaken up as well.

I was talking to my group about the same thing. It's exciting! I kind of hope we get another source book in Fall though. I've been fine with the player options being once a year because it doesn't make everyone want to make new characters or revamp their characters as often. That said there is so much stuff in UA that hasn't been published. Xanathar's covered a big chunk of it, but there's still a decent amount not released (I do realize some have been dropped or folded in to other options). I'd like to see something like the Sword Coast book in fall that focuses on several settings and has a few options in each chapter that covers some of the other things, like Dark Sun having the mystic class.

Remove ads

Remove ads