D&D 5E Companion thread to "5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part VI: Fighters)"

Undrave

Legend
There is another great use for the brute class: NPC fighter. The bonus to saves makes it a lot harder for the PCs to shut down with a quick spell. You can also just "give" its powers to a foe (say an ogre?) that you want to boost.
Oooh! Clever! Not a bad idea.
As far as the Arcane archer only having 2 shots per short rests (vs 4 for a battle master), I think that you have to also analyze the power of these shots - it certainly doesn't feel very "substantial" but then again, I think some of the shots are more powerful than the battlemaster...

but still, it does make it not so satisfying. Compare it to the RK for example...
Personally I'd rather use less potent ability more often than be super limited in powerful abilities.

If you only get 2 shots per rest, it means you only get to FEEL like an Arcane Archer for what is essentially 12 seconds every other hour or so. The shots ARE good, but the subclass needed something that's always on, just for the feel of it. And they needed to get more shots as they progressed.

This is the Sharpshooter Fighter archetype from A5e: Sharpshooter | Level Up In a match up between a 5e Sharpshooter Fighter and an A5e Sharpshooter Fighter, who comes out as the better archer? ;)

Currently there are 8 A5e Fighter archetypes- Bladeseer, Brute, Charging Shield (think Captain America), Duelist, Gadgeteer, Gladiator, Knight and Sharpshooter.

Bladeseer: Bladeseer | Level Up
Brute: Brute | Level Up
Charging Shield: Charging Shield | Level Up
Duelist: Duelist | Level Up
Gadgeteer: Gadgeteer | Level Up (not entirely sure why this is a Fighter archetype, and not an Artificer archetype)
Gladiator: Gladiator | Level Up
Knight: Knight | Level Up

Here is what the A5e Fighter looks like: Fighter | Level Up

Vaalingrade

Legend
There's a lot of hate for psionics, despite it being longer lasting than a lot of the stuff that is either designated 'feels like D&D' or lamented to have been gone for like 30 years.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
There's a lot of hate for psionics, despite it being longer lasting than a lot of the stuff that is either designated 'feels like D&D' or lamented to have been gone for like 30 years.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I LOVE psionics, just not the way WotC chose to implement it.

Remove ads