D&D 5E Complete Random Character Generator (2.0)

Osirusblue

First Post
Do you think you'll update the sheet to include Xanthar's Guide to Everything new subclasses/spells? A good portion of it is updated Unearthed Arcana tweaks but I know it is probably a huge undertaking for these updates. Really, appreciate the work you've done on the sheets to date, it is my go to character sheet.

Emirikol

Adventurer
We hope to get to it in the upcoming year, but it won't be a fast addition. I don't get my guide until xmas.

jh

Last edited:

Beltazar

Villager
I've made good progress with the Mystic. I think the Mystic is probably very close to completion. Currently working on implementing the ability to chose spells for all classes. This will be a huge undertaking and unfortunately my job is keeping me very busy.

The goal is not only to have an NPC generator, but to eventually create a PC generator which allows total customization. Every release gets closer to this goal.

I will look into Xanthar's Guide to Everything and see what I can do.
Beltazar

Emirikol

Adventurer
Errata 8.9

Height

Racial abilities no longer showing : Referencing wrong column.

No longer randomizing relevant class' primary ability (min maxing only the first instead): p.45 pHB
examples:
Fighter: dex or str
Monk: dex or wis
Pal: str or cha
Rgr: dex or wis

Tested Level 1 human fighter:
* No longer randomizing USER: Ability Scores: Standard array. Every character is identical.

* No longer randomizing the other 4 or 5 non-primary abilites for class list on p.45. Every character is identical.

* Need ability to shut off ability score min-maxing for class in USER otherwise every character is the same. Not sure "ranking" the importance of abilities per class is needed as it eliminates randomization. User can already min-max.

* Standard Array no longer correct numbers. Should be the ones on p.13 PHB. 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. They should be set to primary (or one of the two listed primary abilities) and then the final 4-5 randomized.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.

jh

Last edited:

Beltazar

Villager
I don't use the Standard Array. It's not normally something I would check. I'll look at it when I have time.

The primary abilities are ranked from the primary to least primary scores, based on class. For example. a fighter's primary stat may be STR. The first three stats are based on the PHB. The remaining stats are based on my opinion. I suppose they could be randomized, but it would take some work to make the spreadsheet work this way. This is basically a source code. If the end user wanted to change the order of stats, they certainly have that ability.

I'm not sure what you mean that every character will be the same. It's all randomized, but perhaps if you use the "Standard Array", they could be the same. Like I said, I don't use that option.

Let me look at it and see what I can do.

Beltazar

Villager
Briefly looking at the spreadsheet, I can see why the options for "Random Roll Ability Scores" has not been implemented correctly (or was perhaps broken at some point). At this time there doesn't seem to be a good way to check which option was chosen. I will add some lines the the MATH tab that will show which option the user chooses. That will make it much easier to follow the flow.

Emirikol

Adventurer
Sounds good. Standard Array is what all the AL people I know use on the program.

I just happened to create another batch of PCs for the kids in my son's group an saw those things come up :)

I can re implement these things if you want from the earlier version where we had them if you want a break.

Jay

Beltazar

Villager
Fixed the Random Roll Ability Scores. Custom Point Buy, Standard Array and Set Attributes all work correctly now. However, stat ranking has not changed. For example, Fighters top three stats (in order) are STR, CON and DEX. Admittedly, this is not 100% in keeping with the PHB, but the stats can be set by the player at any time using the "Set Attributes" button on the USER tab. Maybe it should be set exactly as stated in the PHB. It's something to discuss.

Remove ads