Conan 2009 Teaser Poster

Klaus

First Post
The word on the street is that Conan will be restarted, closer to the REH original, as opposed to John Milius' and Ahnold's version.

frankthedm

First Post
Klaus said:
The word on the street is that Conan will be restarted, closer to the REH original, as opposed to John Milius' and Ahnold's version.
Cool. The only question is then how monstrous will Conan's opposition be. REH and HPL did share a fair bit and it would be awsome for some of the nastier critters Conan has encountered to be in this movie.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Klaus said:

That would be fantastic!

I truly hated Ahnold's stupid oafish version, which I couldn't recognise as the *character* of Conan from any of the books.

fingers crossed!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
Cool. The only question is then how monstrous will Conan's opposition be. REH and HPL did share a fair bit and it would be awsome for some of the nastier critters Conan has encountered to be in this movie.

While technically they shared the same universe, did Conan ever fight anything really supernatural or even creepy? Basically a naga is about as spooky as it got. (God in the Bowl). The only time he met a really Lovecraftian style thingie, he was nice to it (Tower of the Elephant).

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
trancejeremy said:
While technically they shared the same universe, did Conan ever fight anything really supernatural or even creepy? Basically a naga is about as spooky as it got. (God in the Bowl). The only time he met a really Lovecraftian style thingie, he was nice to it (Tower of the Elephant).

He killed/incapacitated a creature that could have been the inspiration for both D&D slaadi and hentai tentacle demons in Howard's 'Xuthal of the Dusk.'

Klaus

First Post
MoogleEmpMog said:
He killed/incapacitated a creature that could have been the inspiration for both D&D slaadi and hentai tentacle demons in Howard's 'Xuthal of the Dusk.'
Indeed.

And he fought what is pretty much an Iron Golem in the Iron Demon (backtranslating from the Portuguese title).

And the two frost giants in The Daughter of the Frost Giant (once again, backtranslating). And he was 16 back then!

Y'know, I wouldn't mind Josh Holloway dying his hair black and bulking up (even more) to play Conan. He got the intense stare down pat as Sawyer.

As for oafish Conan, I do remember him being captured by city guards after drunkedly slamming his own head on a doorway.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
trancejeremy said:

Don't forget the magnetic pillar which gripped peoples armour and they then got dissolved by the ooze creature that climbed down the pillar in "The curse of the monolith" (although I don't remember whether or not that was an REH original)

Remove ads