Confession...It's good for the soul.

Scotley

Hero
I've been in two of your games as well. It is frustrating. We put a lot of working into characters and it is more than a little annoying to have the game just vanish. I'm glad you've come forward to confess. For future reference, I would prefer to know what happened and why rather than just be waiting for the next post. We all get busy with RL at times. I've very nearly shut down a game I was running on occation when 'the fire died'. I was forturnate enough to get back on track before the players got frustrated and abandoned the game. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to come forward. All is forgiven.

Malvoisin

First Post
James Heard said:
One point: Other people might change their names, but I'll never be a "Jim" Heard. ;) For some reason the idea of me as a Jim just sort of summons images of me looking in the mirror with a Burt Reynolds moustache and mutton chops, wearing a big cowboy hat and snarling with a cigarette dangling from my lip. I'm not that guy. :D
Whoops, sorry James, I'm not sure how that happened. I corrected the mistake in the post above.

Malvoisin

First Post
Creamsteak said:
I have no doubt that other people have pulled off a similar "changing of identities" around here, though yours may well be the most extreme.
Who knows, perhaps my admission might inspire others to do the same?

Malvoisin

First Post
Scotley said:
I've been in two of your games as well. It is frustrating. We put a lot of working into characters and it is more than a little annoying to have the game just vanish. I'm glad you've come forward to confess. For future reference, I would prefer to know what happened and why rather than just be waiting for the next post. We all get busy with RL at times. I've very nearly shut down a game I was running on occation when 'the fire died'. I was forturnate enough to get back on track before the players got frustrated and abandoned the game. Anyway, I'm glad you decided to come forward. All is forgiven.
Scotley, I understand and sympathize with the frustration. I think that part of my motivation for posting this now, is to try and make sure I will never 'disappear' again. If I should ever try to run a game here again (a big IF!...I'm not sure how many of you would even take the chance now), I'll do my best to be more forthright and up-front with the players.

Nonetheless, thank you saying that all is forgiven. That means a lot to me.

Scotley

Hero
Many of the folks here are addicted. If you build it they will come. Maybe you should try to limit the scope of the next game you attempt? A small adventure with a definite beginning and end. If all goes well, you can let any who are interested carry characters over to the next one you decide to run.

James Heard

Explorer
*shrug* I always kind of assume that a few games I sign up for are going to end up being a wash for one reason or another. That includes real life games. Stuff happens, and since it's the internet I don't think anyone owes anyone any explanations either. If the worst disappointment I have in any given day is a game failing to deliver then it's probably a pretty good day.

On the other hand, I don't consider PbP gaming as gaming as much as writing. I'd be doing about the same amount of it anyways, so why not do it with other people?

Malvoisin

First Post
Scotley said:
Many of the folks here are addicted. If you build it they will come. Maybe you should try to limit the scope of the next game you attempt? A small adventure with a definite beginning and end. If all goes well, you can let any who are interested carry characters over to the next one you decide to run.
Definitely good advice, sir. I'll take it into consideration if I do ever decide to try and run a game here again. Which I might. :)

Malvoisin

First Post
James Heard said:
*shrug* I always kind of assume that a few games I sign up for are going to end up being a wash for one reason or another. That includes real life games. Stuff happens, and since it's the internet I don't think anyone owes anyone any explanations either. If the worst disappointment I have in any given day is a game failing to deliver then it's probably a pretty good day.

On the other hand, I don't consider PbP gaming as gaming as much as writing. I'd be doing about the same amount of it anyways, so why not do it with other people?
Very understanding, very Zen. Good stuff, James (definitely not Jim).

I always liked the social aspects of the experience myself.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damn you Mal! Damn you to Hell!

:)

I'm a three-fer, but all under the same username. Voadam's got me beat!

I do get frustrated at disappearances as you know; mostly, I just appreciate some warning. But its good to come clean.

See you around.

Malvoisin

First Post
stonegod said:
Damn you Mal! Damn you to Hell!

:)

I'm a three-fer, but all under the same username. Voadam's got me beat!

I do get frustrated at disappearances as you know; mostly, I just appreciate some warning. But its good to come clean.

See you around.
Thanks, brah. :)

Mad Col is, was, and always will be one of my faves. And, I have a tremendous respect for your Expedition to Ravenloft campaign. Lots of PC comings and goings, and you've kept right on trucking.

It's good to come clean, indeed.

Remove ads