D&D 5E Connecting the Planes: What New Interstitial Setting Do You Want?

What interstitial campaign setting would you like to see published? (ONE CHOICE ONLY)

• Planescape

Votes: 33 38.4%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Manual of the Planes (Generic)

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • None. I hate the outer planes. And inner planes more.

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • D&D drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank Hasbro for it.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Poll closed .

I extensively use Planescape...but...I don't need much in the way of rules for it. Literally all that would be would be a few races and rules on faction boons (not that I don't want them, but they could be in a free PDF like some of the Magic settings).

Spelljammer, on the other hand, requires a whole set of rules for handling spelljamming and everything connected to it, in addition to a rather large collection of monsters just to make it work.

So the vote goes to publishing Spelljammer for 5e.

R_J_K75

Legend
Spelljammer, on the other hand, requires a whole set of rules for handling spelljamming and everything connected to it, in addition to a rather large collection of monsters just to make it work.
With them possibly getting close to publishing some of the more non-standard settings such as Dark Sun, Planescape, Spelljammer that had their own set of mechanics, I hope they get away from the single book model and give them their proper due.

MarkB

Legend
I'm confused. The thread title asks "What new setting would you want?", but the poll gives a choice of some old settings or "no, I don't wanna".

I like the concept of Astral Sea because I could reuse or recycle all elements about (under)sea fantasy, as krakens, mermaids, pirates, turtle dragons, tritons, sea elves, and also some elements of mash-up famous sci-fi franchises.

Aldarc

Legend
I would probably prefer something akin to the 3e and 4e model of Manual of the Planes. Something that provides a more generic overview and tool kit, while also providing some potential sample planes and models outside the scope of the Great Wheel. So it could highlight Eberron's Orrery, PoL's World Axis, FR's World Tree, etc.

Remove ads