• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale [IC]

Boddynock

First Post
Still lying flat on his back, Shandul puts his fingers to his lips and whistles - a piercing tone which carries for miles. High above, Golden hears and stoops to the attack. Then he reaches up and summons the scimitar from his magical quiver. Without even bothering to stand, he sweeps the blade at the ankles of one of the two fey flanking him.

[sblock=OOC]Call Golden - free action. Retrieve scimitar from Efficient Quiver - free action. Attack +7 (scimitar +1), damage 1d6+2. I'll leave you to apply whatever penalties are appropriate.[/sblock]

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
COMBAT ROUND 1

Shandul - Calls Golden, Draws Scimitar, Attacks Fey #2, Misses
Besik - Moves 5' to I11, Casts Extended Haste
Fey #1 - Readies ranged attack w/bow against any approaching PC. Readied attack against Aelish hits for 3 damage, Aelish is poisoned. AOO vs. Aelish misses.
Fey #2 - Attacks Shandul with bracer, misses.
Fey #3 - Attacks Shandul with bracer, hits for 8 damage. AOO against Aelish misses.
Aelish - Moves 10', Spring Attacks Fey #2, hits for 13 damage. Moves 25' to G3, hit by readied ranged attack for 4 damage, fails FORT save vs. Poison, Dazed for next round.
Aldur - 5' Step to H10, Full Attack vs. Fey #3 (effects: Haste, Soft Cover). 2 hits for 15 damage.
Jerivan - Move 10' to G10, attack Fey #2, hits for 10 damage, dropping Fey #2.
Percivilis - Casts Magic Circle vs. Evil

Still lying flat on his back, Shandul puts his fingers to his lips and whistles - a piercing tone which carries for miles. High above, Golden hears and stoops to the attack. Then he reaches up and summons the scimitar from his magical quiver. Without even bothering to stand, he sweeps the blade at the ankles of one of the two fey flanking him. From the awkward position lying on his back, however, his blade is just a hair too slow to hit the nimble fey.

With a grin, Besik sidesteps back and intones a few words in draconic, his fingers delicately weave an intricate dance before finally a flash emits from each of his allies, bolstering their speed and actions.

The furthest fey nocks another small arrow in his rosewood bow, and draws the string, ready to fire at any foe who approaches him.

Meanwhile, the other two fey lash out at Shandul with their thorny bracers. Shandul rolls out of the way of the first nasty fey, only to leave himself exposed to a nasty slash from the second! The thorns of the second fey's bracer leave a nasty gash across Shandul's cheek.

Aelish shakes his head in disappointment at the sprites' decision. Seeing an opening the Herald winces as he runs past Shandul and trusting in his Herald training to avoid flailing combatants while maneuvering about the battlefield, he makes his way up toward the archer. In the process of moving past Shandul he attacks one of the nearby fey with his readied thin blade, piercing the little fairie's chest with a sharp jab. The other nearby fey tries to slash at the nimble herald with his bracer, but comes nowhere close. Proceeding up the path toward the archer, Aelish is unable to move quickly enough to avoid being hit by the small thorn arrow fired by his target. He takes the little arrow right in the thigh, and feels a burning, itching sensation begin to spread from the wound. Finally, Aelish halts right beside the archer, dodging back as the small fey makes a futile attack with his own thorny bracer.

With Besik out of his way, Aldur steps up and, under the influence of the elven wizard's spell, he unleashes several quick axe strikes. His weapon hits home with two solid strokes, eliciting a high-pitched cry of pain from the little sprite.

"There is nothing but malice and hatred in their souls," Jerivan says as he grits his teeth and grips his longsword tightly. Jerivan, his actions sped up by the magic of the elf, moves with blinding quickness past Percivilis and appears alongside the dwarf, swinging his longsword in a mighty overhand arc, the cold wrought iron blade crackling with positive energy as it comes down upon the thorn wielding fairy. The paladin's blade cleaves the evil little fairie's neck and chest, and the fey collapses into a bleeding heap.

"To arms!" Percivilis shouts as the evil wannabe-rosebushes advance upon the party. He draws his longsword, the blade quickly becoming shrouded in flames as it leaves its scabbard. He quickly chants a prayer to Iomedae for protection, which is quickly answered -- a shimmering half-globe of energy emanates from Percivilis, enveloping all those near him.

[sblock=Die Rolls]
Golden: Initiative Roll (1d20+3=18)
Shandul: Attack Roll vs. Fey #2 (-4 for prone position) (1d20+3=15) MISS!
Fey #2: Attack Shandul with Bracer (Flanking) (1d20+6=10) MISS
Fey #3: Attack Shandul with Bracer (Flanking) (1d20+6=15) HIT!
Fey #3: Damage roll with bracer plus sneak attack (1d4+1=5, 1d6=3)
Fey #3: AOO vs. Aelish (1d20+4=8) MISS
Spring Attack on Fey #2 (1d20+10=18) HIT!
Skirmish Damage with Thin Blade to Fey #2 (1d8+1d6+4=13)
Readied attack vs. Aelish with bow (1d20+8=24) HIT!
Damage roll vs. Aelish with poison arrow (1d4+2=4)
Aelish: FORT save vs. Poison (1d20+5=8) FAILED
AOO vs. Aelish (1d20+4=11)
Aldur, Full Attack vs. Fey #3 (Haste, Soft Cover) (1d20+8=11, 1d20+8=26, 1d20+3=21)
Aldur, Damage Rolls w/ Battleaxe (1d8+4=7, 1d8+4=8) 15 damage total
Jerivan attack on Fey, Haste/Smite Evil (1d20+12=23, 1d8+6=10) Hits for 10 damage.[/sblock]
END ROUND 1

Initiative Order, Round 2
18: Golden (20/20 hp)
17: Shandul (17/31 hp)(Lying Prone)
12: Besik (22/22 hp)(Haste, 12 Rounds)
8: Fey #2 (-23 hp, dying)
8: Fey #3 (-15 hp)
8: Fey #1
5: Aelish (29/33 hp)(Poisoned: Initial Damage, unable to act next round due to itching...treated as Dazed)
4: Aldur (59/59 hp)
4: Jerivan (33/33 hp)
2: Percivilis (43/43 hp)(Magic Circle vs. Evil, 1 Hour)

Current Effects: (Extended Haste:, all allies gain +1 attack roll, +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves, plus an additional 30' of Movement, and an extra attack at full Base Attack while performing full attack option.)(Magic Circle Against Evil: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves against evil creatures, 60 min duration, 10' radius centered on Percivilis)

Fey%20Glade%20Rd2-1.JPG

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
5 - Aelish HP: 29/33; AC 20; [Hasted, Dazed, Poisoned]

Dazed by the efficiency of the Feys attack and the indomitable itching caused by the poisoned wound, Aelish stands unable to respond and awaits that which Fate has in store for him.

[OOC: Wow... Ouch! :uhoh: This was a painful run... :(
I am surprised that I got hit so much. :eek: These Fey are more annoying than I expected.
YOE, I like the way that you are running the posts for your rounds.

I took 7 points damage, right (4 and 3)? Not that I do not like your idea of 4 better? ;)
]

Last edited:

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
FreeXenon said:
[OOC: Wow... Ouch! :uhoh: This was a painful run... :(
I am surprised that I got hit so much. :eek: These Fey are more annoying than I expected.
YOE, I like the way that you are running the posts for your rounds.

I took 7 points damage, right (4 and 3)? Not that I do not like your idea of 4 better? ;)
]
OOC: FX, actually it's just 4 damage from the fey's arrow. Initially, I rolled it as 3, but then I remembered the little buggers have Point Blank Shot, so that increased the damage to 4.

I'm glad you like the combat posts, and I also am happy with the results...but they sure take a long time!

ethandrew

First Post
AC: 16; HP: 22/22

Besik rolls his eyes and frowned. He had hoped that whatever threat these creatures posed would be either more formidable, or eliminated by now. Instead he holds his right hand out in a fist and flicks three of his fingers out while stating softly, "Impetus!", and emits a magical missile out of each.

OOC: Casting Magic Missile, two targeted at Fey1 for 2d4+2, the other 1d4+1 for Fey2. 5' Step back to I-12.

[sblock=Spells Remaining]1st: Unseen Servant, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Magic Missile, Reduce Person, Enlarge Person
2nd: Invisibility, Bull's Strength*, Scorching Ray, Gust of Wind, See Invisibility
3rd: Haste*, Fly*, Fireball, Leomund's Tiny Hut

*Extended Spell (Metamagic School Focus Transmutation)

DC (Transmutation):
1st: 16 (17)
2nd: 17 (18)
3rd: 18 (19)[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis, Hp: 43/43 AC: 20/11/19. Jerivan, Hp: 33/33 AC: 21(23 vs ranged)/10/21

Jerivan pulls his bloodied longsword from the downed woodland creature,"You have paid for your sins, evil one, may Iomedae have mercy on your soul." He looks up to see the Herald paralyzed with itching. "Percivilis, I'm on it." He says as he closes on the archer fey, his sword at the ready.

Percivilis watches with approval as the dwarf hacks deeply into the closest enemy in the rosebushes. Believing that the three of them have this one under control, he moves ahead with Jerivan to draw attention away from Aelish, the sun glinting off the symbol of Iomedae etched into his breastplate. Once he is within range of the fey, he deftly stabs at the small creature.

OOC:

Jerivan: Move to H4, attack Fey #1, MW Cold Iron Longsword: mostly likely a miss
Jerivan, round 2 (1d20+9=13, 1d8+2=5)

Percivilis: Move to G4, attack Fey #1, Longsword +1: 17 to hit, 8 damage (1 fire)
Percivilis, round 2 (1d20+9=17, 1d8+3=7, 1d6=1)

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
COMBAT ROUND 2

Shandul stands up from prone (provoking an AOO from Fey #3); then attacks Fey #3, hits for 7 damage, dropping the enemy!
Besik takes 5' step to I12, casts magic missile on Fey #1, for 12 damage.
Fey #3 makes AOO on Shandul, misses; then falls to Shandul's scimitar.
Fey #1 moves 10' to I1, then makes 2 ranged attacks vs. Aelish, both miss.
Aelish is dazed for the round, unable to act.
Aldur moves 40' to H2, attacks Fey #1, hits for 11 damage, dropping the enemy!
Combat Ends

[sblock=Die Rolls]Fey #3: AOO vs. Shandul (1d20+4=17) (AC Mods: Prone -4, Haste +1, Magic Circle +2) MISS
Shandul: Attack Fey #3 (1d20+8=20) (AC Mod: +4 Cover) HIT!
Shandul: Damage vs. Fey #3 (1d6+2=7)
Besik: Magic Missile damage vs. Fey #1 (1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=4, 1d4+1=4) 12 Total
Fey #1: 2 Ranged attacks w/ bow vs. Aelish (1d20+6=14, 1d20+6=14) (AC Mods: +1 Dodge Feat, +1 Haste, +2 Magic Circle) Both Miss
Aldur: Attack Fey #1 with battleaxe (1d20+12=30) HIT!
Aldur: Damage roll vs. Fey #1 (1d8+4=11)[/sblock]
Rolling aside and getting to his feet, Shandul manages to avoid the fey's wicked bracer, as he slashes at his thorny opponent. His scimitar slashes the little fey right across the throat, felling the enemy!

Besik rolls his eyes and frowns. He had hoped that whatever threat these creatures posed would be either more formidable, or eliminated by now. Instead he holds his right hand out in a fist and flicks three of his fingers out while stating softly, "Impetus!", and emits a magical missile out of each. Each of the three missiles flies unerringly and slams into the last standing fey, who cries out in pain from the force of the spell.

Angered, the fey archer slips away from the itching Aelish and raises his bow, firing two small thorn arrows at the herald in quick succession. However, even with the itching tormenting him, the herald is quick on his feet, and able to dodge both attacks.

Dazed by the efficiency of the Feys attack and the indomitable itching caused by the poisoned wound, Aelish stands unable to respond and awaits that which Fate has in store for him.

"Raaarrrggh!! Die you little bastard!" Aldur screams as he presses the attack. Under the effects of Besik's spell of haste, the dwarf charges up the path toward the remaining fey in the inner circle of rose bushes. With one fell blow of his axe he ends the conflict, sending the sprite crashing to the ground with a gaping wound in its chest.

END COMBAT

In the aftermath of the battle, the unnatural speed granted by Besik's magic fades away. Aelish, meanwhile, is thankful as the terrible itching from that poisoned arrow subsides. Using his healer's kit, he quickly flushes the poison from the wound, preventing further deleterious effects from the nasty stuff.
Heal Check: Treat Itchy Poison from Fey Arrow (1d20+11=30) Succeeds, no further damage.

Party Status
Shandul (17/31 hp)
Besik (22/22 hp
Aelish (29/33 hp)
Aldur (59/59 hp)
Jerivan (33/33 hp)
Percivilis (43/43 hp)(Magic Circle vs. Evil, 1 Hour)

Current Effects: (Magic Circle Against Evil: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves against evil creatures, 60 min duration, 10' radius centered on Percivilis)

OOC: I made some modifications to Aldur and Besik's targets, based on the enemies that had already fallen. That seemed to work out pretty well for you, so I'm sure there will be no complaints. ;) What are your actions now?

Last edited:

Remove ads