• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale [IC]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Aelish Karn (Human Male Herald) HP: 33

Assuming that when Shandul was looking for the trail it was difficult to find "Fair enough, so South we go."

Last edited:

YeOldeAlbatross

First Post
Shandul insists that there are no other trails, and that the one he found was indeed quite difficult to pick up. He is sure that only a very experienced tracker would have been able to accomplish this. With no other trackers in the group, and no other course to follow, the group decides to proceed south. Still, caution is the order of the day...just in case.

Shandul leads the way, following the trail left by small feet. The others all follow behind, with the horses being led on foot. The trail crosses over the trade path, and plunges into the thicker forest growth on the south side. Here, the trail becomes even more difficult to follow, as the trees are clustered more thickly, and the terrain is covered in periodic patches of rose bushes and other thorny thickets. Shandul keeps his nose to the trail, occasionally losing it, then picking it back up again. At times, he is forced to backtrack, as the trail seems to plunge directly into a briar patch, only to be found again on the other side. After three hours of this slow progress, only about six miles have been covered. The adventurers and horses are sweaty, tired, and scratched, and frustrations are mounting. Just as the most frustrated are on the verge of abandoning this hunt altogether, the dense and wild forest suddenly gives way to reveal an organized plot of land dominated by a pair of concentric rings of rose bushes surrounding a small clearing. A narrow path leads through the rings toward the clearing and some strange stone monoliths. Between the two rings stand ancient trees, each meticulously trimmed and cared for. Shandul notes that the trail leads to this spot and then continues up the path toward the clearing in the center.

OOC: Note that the group has reached area 'C' on the region map.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Aelish looks to Shandul, and then to Besik, and says "This is not good is it?" After spending a few moments taking it all in, he slowly goes to his horse to take out his book and map, and begins to draw this location on his map and to sketch the location quickly in his Herald's Book. Once that is done he draws his sword to be ready for anything that may come.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"Finally, a clearing!" Jerivan exclaims,"I was starting to think that i was going to die the death from a thousand thorns."

"Aye, I would not consider myself to be a woodsman, nor do I have a love for minor lacerations. Jerivan, can you dig a small pool in the ground for the horses? Anyone care for some water?" Percivilis says as he murmurs quietly while tracing his fingers through the air.

Suddenly, Percivilis' and Jerivan's waterskins swell, as well as the shallow pool that was dug for the horses to drink from. Honor and Valor quickly move over to the pool and begin to drink.

Percivilis wipes his brow, puts his waterskin to his lips and drinks deeply of the cool, pure water.

"Ah, there is nothing like divinely created water on a hot day -- Iomedae be blessed."

He then takes out his healing kit and puts a few bandages on the more severe lacerations and abrasions from the thorns, on himself, and others in the party who request.

"Now, who would have guessed that this clearing was here, or that it was so orderly in nature, which by the way, is somewhat oxymoronic."

OOC: Cast Create Water -- can create up 12 gallons of water, in waterskins, etc, etc -- will create as much as needed for the party and horses

Spells left for the day; 5/7/6/4

ethandrew

First Post
Besik takes a few steps into the clearing and smiles. He nods appreciatively, knowing that great care and a meticulous touch went into this place. Were there no fey around, no deadly enemies, this would be a very nice place to live, to be sure. He turns to his companions, "You do not need to be an elf or a tracker to know that this is not natural and that someone has had a hand in it, but you have to admire the beauty of the land. It takes a lot of work to create something so well manicured. Daily work too, I would say."

Boddynock

First Post
"You've got it right." Shandul nods in agreement. He is unscathed by their long trek through difficult terrain.

[sblock=OOC]Woodland Stride. :cool:

Knowledge (Nature) +14 to recall anything about the configuration of the clearing ahead of them.[/sblock]

Azgulor

Adventurer
Aldur hefts his warhammer. "Let's remember why we're here. I doubt this is a picnic spot we've found. Spread out, and keep a sharp eye."

FreeXenon

Aelish looks to Aldur and then Shandul "Shall we?" and readies himself to follow Shandul through the rings towards the clearing the monoliths.

[OOC: Kind of assuming that we leave our mounts outside the ring?]

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: If there is room to manuevre, Jerivan will mount (as he has some good mounted skills). Percivilis will let his warhorse follow behind.

Remove ads