• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Maztica and Horde monsters

Shade

Monster Junkie
Both do Str and 1/2 per the dragons overview.

For a colossal dragon:
Tail slap: 4d6
Tail sweep: 2d8
Crush: 4d8

Shade

Monster Junkie
Claws for a Colossal dragon should deal 4d6. Tail slap should be 4d6+27. Tail sweep should be 2d8+27.

I'll check the rest when I get the time. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
That is why "conversion by committee" works so well. :D

Get ready to "whoof" again...

Add to SA line: improved grab, pounce, rake

Add to SQ line: Blindsense 60 ft., immunity to sleep and paralysis, keen senses

Do we want to give her frightful presence and damage reduction as well?

Crush DC is indeed 39.

Dust Storm: Add "The save DC is Charisma-based." and change DC to 36.

Rake: Attack bonus +46 melee, damage 4d6+9.

Tail sweep DC is indeed 39.

Is the Fort DC allowed for the control winds spell set by the caster level or the standard wind DC?

"Wind Strength: For every three caster levels, you can increase or decrease wind strength by one level. Each round on your turn, a creature in the wind must make a Fortitude save or suffer the effect of being in the windy area."

If it is set by caster level, then we'll need to add caster level to the ability.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Wow, you can really tell when I haven’t been paying enough attention. ;)

Do we want to give her frightful presence and damage reduction as well?

suppose so, they do fit in.

Is the Fort DC allowed for the control winds spell set by the caster level or the standard wind DC?

"Wind Strength: For every three caster levels, you can increase or decrease wind strength by one level. Each round on your turn, a creature in the wind must make a Fortitude save or suffer the effect of being in the windy area."

If it is set by caster level, then we'll need to add caster level to the ability.

ahhh… no idea. :) what’s the main difference there?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Frightful Presence (Ex): Gaumahavi can unsettle foes with her mere presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever she attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Creatures within a radius of 300 feet are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than Gaumahavi. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 36) remains immune to Gaumahavi’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore Gaumahavi's frightful presence.

(This assumes she is the equivalent of an ancient dragon...if higher, we'll need to adjust the radius).

DR 15/magic? (As equivalent-CR red dragon).

As for control winds, the difference being a save DC of 23 (10 + her Cha bonus + spell level) for all levels of winds, or a DC of 10 for strong winds, 20 for hurricane-force, or 30 for tornado.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Gaumahavi had 16 HD in 2E, which was the equivalent of:
Old Black Dragon
Adult Blue Dragon
Mature Adult Green Dragon
Young Adult Red Dragon
Very Old White Dragon
Old Brass Dragon
Adult Bronze Dragon
Mature Adult Copper Dragon
Juvenile Gold Dragon
Young Adult Silver Dragon

So really, we’ve been making her out to be tougher than she probably should be. ;) but at this stage, I don’t want to change it.

For control winds, I really don’t know what to go with. But situational DC sounds better, I think. She may be the master of winds, but I think she has far better weaponry in her arsenal than to worry too much about that. ;)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, she's probably gained a few age categories in the last fourteen years. ;)

Just don't mention the DCs for control winds, and we should have our arses covered. :heh:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads