Converting monsters from Imagine Magazine

Shade

Monster Junkie
Regen 3?

How's this?

Regeneration (Ex): Fire deals normal damage to Frosty. If Frosty loses a limb or body part, he can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump, or craft a new one from snow in 1d3 rounds.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I had a thought!

"Frosty the Snowman
Knew the sun was hot that day.
So he said "Let's run,
"and we'll have some fun,
"before I melt away.""

So let's give him sunlight vulnerability! Takes either lethal damage or Con for every hour spent in sunlight?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hell yeah!

Like so?

Sunlight Vulnerability (Ex): Frosty is highly susceptible to natural sunlight. For each hour of exposure, Frosty suffers 2d6 points of fire damage. Frosty is unaffected by artificial sunlight, such as that created by the daylight spell.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Santa Claus: AC -10; MV 9"; HD 10; hp 100; SD See below, AL Very Nice; S M (but fat); S 14, I 18, W 19, C 19, D 12, Ch 20 (25 for pixies, wood elves and faerie folk) 3350 xp.

If anyone attempts to attack Santa Claus they must save vs. spells. Failure means that the character in question must suffer the effects of the 8th level magic-user spell symbol of hopelessness. Santa also radiates a sphere of happiness. All characters within 20 feet must save vs. spells or become very happy and friendly with everyone. Once characters step outside the sphere they will return to normal, but will have to save again if they re-enter the circle.

Santa will reqard anyone who frees him by presenting them with a harmless, but magical toy, eg Elven rollerskates (movement 18" in silence); Cardboard armour +1 (AC 13), an Otto's Irresistible Teddy Bear (save vs. death magic or hug the teddy for 1-10 rounds); Tenser's Floating Jellybaby (when eaten acts as a potion of levitation).

From Do Not Ask... For Whom The Bell Jingles A Not-Terribly-Serious AD&D Mini-Module for Christmas, by P Howard, G Baker and L King; IMAGINE magazine #21, December 1984

Remove ads