Converting Oriental Adventures creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
"grove of trees, alive or dead"?

There's nothing in the original monster that says they have to stay within 300 yards or any particular distance. I'd drop that.

Grove Dependent (Su): A kitsune kasumi is mystically bound to a grove of trees, alive or dead. Kitsune kasumi sicken and die if all of the trees in the grove are destroyed. Multiple kitsune kasumi can be dependent on a single grove, forming a family group called a haze. A kitsune's grove does not radiate magic.

Shade

Monster Junkie
"grove of trees, alive or dead"?

There's nothing in the original monster that says they have to stay within 300 yards or any particular distance. I'd drop that.

Grove Dependent (Su): A kitsune kasumi is mystically bound to a grove of trees, alive or dead. Kitsune kasumi sicken and die if all of the trees in the grove are destroyed. Multiple kitsune kasumi can be dependent on a single grove, forming a family group called a haze. A kitsune's grove does not radiate magic.

I like it. Updated.

Finished?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Make it "A kitsune kasumi's bite and claws are +2 magic weapons, but their power fades if removed or if the kitsune is killed." and I'm happy.

Cleon

Legend
Make it "A kitsune kasumi's bite and claws are +2 magic weapons, but their power fades if removed or if the kitsune is killed." and I'm happy.

That's fine by me:

Rereading the Grove Dependent SQ, the "A kitsune kasumi is mystically bound to a grove of trees, alive or dead" is a bit confusingly worded - is it the trees or the kitsune that's alive or dead?

Maybe rephrase it a bit.

Putting it together:

COMBAT
Kitsune kasumi are highly territorial, defending their groves with relentless fury. Kitsune kasumi use their ability to slip in and out of mist form to tactical advantage.

A kitsune kasumi's bite and claws are +2 magic weapons, but their power fades if removed or if the kitsune is killed.

Grove Dependent (Su): A kitsune kasumi is mystically bound to a grove of trees. The grove always has at least one dead tree (standing or fallen) as well as living trees. Kitsune kasumi sicken and die if all of the trees in the grove are destroyed. Multiple kitsune kasumi can be dependent on a single grove, forming a family group called a haze. A kitsune's grove does not radiate magic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases