• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Cleon

Legend
He brought his gem of seeing with him. ;)

I vote we give hold breath to the lot of 'em. Objections?

I'm fine with that. The Shazak, Gurrash and Cayman all seem to like swamps as much as regular Lizardfolk. I wouldn't give Hold Breath to a Chameleon Man, Krolli or Sis'thik though.

Mortis

First Post
As we're basically finished with the lizardkin, I took a look at the wallaran spirits and thee three shown (kangaroo, koala, and kookaburra) don't appear to have any unique abilities of their own, so I think we just need to come up with a 'wallaran spirit' template that can be added to any normal animal.

Regards
Mortis

Cleon

Legend
As we're basically finished with the lizardkin, I took a look at the wallaran spirits and thee three shown (kangaroo, koala, and kookaburra) don't appear to have any unique abilities of their own, so I think we just need to come up with a 'wallaran spirit' template that can be added to any normal animal.

Regards
Mortis

Where's the Sis'thik then? I can't find any CC Homebrew of that.

As for the Wallaran Spirits, I'm leaning toward separate monsters rather than a Template. Apart from having the size and natural attacks of the animal they are representatives of, all their other abilities look the same - AC 0, 10 HD, 18th level spellcasting, so there doesn't seem to be as much overlap with a natural animals like, say, a Warden Beast.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Echohawk claims that the Vaults of Pandius have the Sis'thik. He's usually right about such things. ;) We could do them ourselves, though we usually prefer to go after unconverted beasties.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads