• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting prehistoric animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
We'll stick with the real-world versions, but we can either create a "giant" version of platyhystrix, like the Dragon version, or allow advancement to that size.

Preferences?

Shade

Monster Junkie
So...

Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small); 4-6 HD (Medium); 7-10 HD (Large)? (Note that dimetrodon is Large at 7 HD)

A platyhystrix is 2 to 3 feet long, weighing around x pounds.

Tactics?

freyar said:
Eryops: The Dragon Mag version is a bit faster on land and has 2 more HD. Increasing land speed is fine with me, but changing HD is more trouble. Want to bump to 4HD?

Isn't is slower? Following the conversion guidelines, its movement of 2 multiplied by 2.5 yields a land speed of 5 feet. Right?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
So...

Advancement: 2-3 HD (Small); 4-6 HD (Medium); 7-10 HD (Large)? (Note that dimetrodon is Large at 7 HD)

A platyhystrix is 2 to 3 feet long, weighing around x pounds.

Tactics?
Advancement sounds good. 75lb?

Ummm, hmm, mostly likes to attack animals smaller than itself?

Isn't is slower? Following the conversion guidelines, its movement of 2 multiplied by 2.5 yields a land speed of 5 feet. Right?
Doh! Remembered the wrong conversion factor. You're right. Let's stick with the higher speed, though.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Let's convert it just for the sake of completeness.

I suppose its only interesting bit is its "heavily armored backbone."

Dropping eryops to Tiny yields...
Str 9, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 1, Wis 11, Cha 5

We gave eryops +3 natural armor. I could see giving cacops +4, maybe +5 if we push the envelope.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads