Converting prehistoric animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Pounce seems sensible. I just noticed that its bite attack is at a -2, despite the fact that it doesn't have Multiattack or qualifies for that feat. We could give it as a bonus feat, or change it.

My favorite reconstruction of Dilophosaurus is that done by Gregory Paul, with it balancing on its tail to deliver a powerful kick.

Dilophosaurus_wetherilli.jpg

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Struthiomimus
Large Animal
Hit Dice: 6d8+12 (39 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 60ft (12 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+12
Attack: Kick +7 melee (1d8+4)
Full Attack: Kick +7 melee (1d8+4), bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and 2 claws +2 melee (1d3+3)
Space/Reach: 10ft/5ft
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, sprint
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +2*, Listen +6, Spot +6
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Run
Environment: Warm plains
Organization: Solitary, pair or flock (4-7)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 7-12 HD (Large), 13-18 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

This reptilian biped resembles an ostrich with arms and a long tail. A layer of down coats the creature and its legs are muscular and long.

The struthiomimus is a fast omnivorous dinosaur.

A struthiomimus is about 4 feet tall at the shoulder and about 10 feet long. They live in small flocks of one or more families and eat just about anything. Their diets include, but are not limited to, berries, nuts, tubers, lizards, eggs and small mammals. It has been reported that they will attack and consume halflings, but this is probably just a rumor. They are hunted themselves by tyrannosaurs and dinonychuses, and so their speed is an asset in escaping being eaten as much as it is in catching prey.

Combat
A struthiomimus attacks with its powerful hind legs, its bite and its small claws, but is more likely to simply flee a confrontation using its great speed.

Sprint (Ex): Once per day, a struthiomimus can move at 10 times its normal speed (600ft). It generally uses this ability either on a charge or to flee.

Skills: A struthiomimus receives a +8 racial bonus on all Hide checks made in a plains environment.

I might want to give it uncanny dodge.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I might favor a "once every 3 rounds limit" or something similar on the poison spitting, but, yeah, I think we're good for the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases