Converting True Dragons

Cleon

Legend
In the back of my mind I was rooting for mustard too. But I was having fun with the blond(e) dragon; but like the pink dragon it's gonna be the butt of jokes with PC ribbing it having high Cha but low Int; and a mane of long, flexible hair-like spines around its head.

Well if it's a blond it might explain why it's so gullible...:p

We'd better stick to mustard, wouldn't want PCs teasing the poor thing.

Cleon

Legend
:lol:

And don't underestimate the PCs...as soon as a mustard dragon threatens them, they'll be expecting a ketchup dragon to arrive and assist it. :p

Mustard it is. Size and speed matches a 1e Red. AC matches a Black. For the ability scores, Int is in the High to Genius range, so Int can follow anything from Copper to Gold. I'd recommend lower Wis, due to its gullible nature, and probably good Cha since it likes to blend in. Its claw damage is on par with a red, but its bite is only as good as a black. Set the Str progression between the two? What about Con?

Sounds like we should give them a midsized dragon's size, physical stats and HD (Bronze?), with a smarter dragon's Int and Cha (Silver?) but a lower Wisdom.

RavinRay

Explorer
Sounds like we should give them a midsized dragon's size, physical stats and HD (Bronze?), with a smarter dragon's Int and Cha (Silver?) but a lower Wisdom.
Silver Int and Cha are no problem; Wis needs does need to be lower (maybe all the way to a white's).
Good thing it's mustard; "blonde" in Quebecois French means "girlfriend," so I'd hate to see what a male mustard dragon would make of that. :confused: :p
You learn something new every day. B-) But now I wanna do a blond(e) dragon for April Fools, I really do. Like WotC's pink beholder and My Little Pony RPG some years back. :lol:

Cleon

Legend
I've never thought of Red's as mid-sized... :confused:

Half its physical stats are like a Red (length & claws) and half like a Black (AC & bite).

Red's are Big and Black's are Little, so add them together and you get something in the middle. :p

I'd consider the AC and Bite damage as being a better indication of size than its length. It might be a long, snaky dragon.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Bummer. I kinda liked them big as reds, but weaker. We've got soooo many dragons modeled off the bronze. :(

RavinRay, what do you think?

Cleon

Legend
Bummer. I kinda liked them big as reds, but weaker. We've got soooo many dragons modeled off the bronze. :(

RavinRay, what do you think?

Well if you fancy a Big Dragons' size but a Mid-Sized Dragons' Strength & Con I wouldn't stand in your way.

Remove ads