Converting World of Greyhawk monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
The creature appears to be a lightly built, bipedal reptile standing nearly six feet tall. A thick tail balances its upper body. Its mouth is wide, filled with sharp, rending teeth, and its slight forelimbs bear long, hideously sharp claws. Its skin color ranges from light green on the back to a pale yellow on its belly. Large black pupils dot its small yellow eyes. It wears no clothes or ornaments of any kind.

An ingundi is usually 5 to 6 feet tall with light green scales. Its tail is used for
balance and is 3 to 4 feet long. An ingundi can weigh from 150 to 200 pounds.

Ingundi do not speak, but communicate telepathically.

Lizardfolk Stats: Str 13, Dex 10, Con 13, Int 9, Wis 10, Cha 10

Since the Ingundi is slighter and weaker, I'd recommend the following stats:

Str 11, Dex 10, Con 11, Int 6, Wis 10, Cha 10

If its powers are Charisma-based, we might want to bump Cha up to 12.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
weaker, but they have more HD. ;) maybe one of its feats could be ability focus for the charm power. and i would say it is Cha-based (enchantment powers usually are right?) so 12 (or more) it is.

Shade

Monster Junkie
That works for me. There is nothing worse than having a creature's one cool ability have a low DC and rarely succeed (*cough* krenshar *cough*).

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good question. Savage Species has the reptilian creature template, which may be applied to humanoids, monstrous humanoids, and giants. It says to add the Reptilian subtype to the creature. Of course, SS isn't 3.5.

Krishnath

First Post
I would say yes, as the differences between Humanoids, Monstrous Humanoids, and Giants mechanically aren't that great, sure Giants are generally bigger than the two others and monstrous humanoids tend to have more special abilities, but still the differences aren't that great. I say, go with the reptilian subtype.
Also, the Dragon-Kin (whom are in the Draconomicon) are monstrous humanoids with the reptilian subtype.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads