Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Way I do fries from scratch is coat them in oil and seasoning then bake or air fry.

Haven't done it for a while. Air fryer and one of our favorite brands can make pretty good fries.

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
One of these days I have to get an air fryer. I keep hearing about them. Always rave reviews. What's ouk?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I finally made the Pork, Shrimp & Chicken gumbo. Tomorrow, I’ll be delivering it to my Mom’s physical therapy team for lunch.

Process shots:
eX8yqvx.jpg

1FjaHQr.jpg

9W9a8VX.jpg

mv9pjgJ.jpg

537wIhv.jpg

OrnJOE6.jpg

v2AvibF.jpg

jLUOAHj.jpg

1Q9JdSZ.jpg

tUdngDh.jpg

SA796nP.jpg

fbU4EtO.jpg

pBNg1iO.jpg

The finished product

This was a slight departure for me, culinarily. I usually use a smoked beef sausage and an all beef hot sausage from an old family recipe in my gumbo, but this batch was being made as a gift for someone who cannot eat beef. So I had to use commercial pork products to flesh out my gumbo.

Because of availability issues, I had to use a mix of 3 different andouille sausages. The hocks brought the smoky flavor.

I also usually put crab in my gumbos, but this batch is intended for a place of business. Might be too messy for people to want to deal with.

It came out very good. It smells different enough to notice, but the flavor was surprisingly similar to my usual gumbo. If I had to articulate the difference, I’d have to say its flavor was lighter.

Zardnaar

Legend
Be Gamenight now dine out night no D&D. Covid seems to be spreading up north so figure we'll be in lockdown soon.

Make hay while sun shines.

IMG_20211006_181337.jpg

Porterhouse steak, egg, chips with peppcorn sauce. Bloody good meal.

IMG_20211006_180344.jpg
Starter can't recall the name but think it's pan fried, cheese, bacon and stuff with bbq sauce. Was damn good. Washed down with a couple of Mango and apricot IPAs.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For a late night snack tonight, I had a PB&J sandwich. But the ”J” in this case was a lavender peach preserve I picked up at the Farmers’ Market. I’ve bought other stuff from this vendor before, and amost all of it has been very good to excellent. (Her pickles have been the line exception.)

So expectations were high…and met! The lavender gives the normally sweet peach preserves a floral/herbal note, toning it down while simultaneously elevating it.

I’m gong to try it on crackers with brie, soon.

Zardnaar

Legend
For a late night snack tonight, I had a PB&J sandwich. But the ”J” in this case was a lavender peach preserve I picked up at the Farmers’ Market. I’ve bought other stuff from this vendor before, and amost all of it has been very good to excellent. (Her pickles have been the line exception.)

So expectations were high…and met! The lavender gives the normally sweet peach preserves a floral/herbal note, toning it down while simultaneously elevating it.

I’m gong to try it on crackers with brie, soon.

Different but would try.

Zardnaar

Legend
Haven't been to one in months but fish and chip shop. This one does Malaysia meals as well.

NZ Donut aka jam wrap

IMG_20211008_173120.jpg

Deep fried, Suger coating filed with raspberry jam.

IMG_20211008_173241.jpg

Malaysia dish menu just said beef black pepper. Was really good for F&C shop type meal.

Zardnaar

Legend
Out in the wop wops. Someone built a "castle", restaurant and gardens.

IMG_20211010_121735.jpg

IMG_20211010_123156.jpg

Menus not that exciting. There's some daily specials mostly fish related but there's beef pie.

Crumbed Gunard for the fish and chips.

Small world went to school with the head chef

Last edited:

Remove ads