Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Not arguing, but you don't see lamb in Indian restaurants? That's ... mostly where I eat it.

Rogan Josh?

I probably eat it the most at Turkish donor kebab places with hot sauce.
IMG_20221213_173844.jpg

My last one it's about $11-$12 usd.

Jahydin

Hero
Oh, not sure if I shared, but my favorite salsa:

INGREDIENTS:
6 Jalapeño Chiles
2 Serrano Chiles
1/2 cup Oil
Salt (I use Knorr Chicken Bouillon to taste)
Slice of Onion
1 Clove of Garlic

Zardnaar

Legend
Around here, Rogan Josh--and similar dishes--are mostly at Indian restaurants.

Same I normally go for paneer or chicken at Indian places. Our local one got replaced with a Thai place that's quite nice.

New favorite is Indo-Nepalese but it's inconvenient to get to (in town parking) and another one we like is further away so it's competing with our local, Thai, pub and cafe (3-4 minute drive) and multiple fish and chip shops nearby.

Or favorite places in town have more convenient parking and better access due

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
@Dannyalcatraz
Are you from the Texas area? I just got back from many great meals from San Antonio! Puffy tacos are awesome!
I’m from New Orleans, but I’ve lived in San Antonio, Austin, and the Dallas/Ft. Worth areas for most of my life.

There’s a Mexican joint in San Antonio that specializes in cabrito, and I try to hit them whenever I’m in town.

Austin is a big BBQ city, and is the first place I ever had smoked mutton ribs. OMG! Unfortunately, that place closed because the owner didn’t like paying his fees/taxes. Like…ever. That was like his third failed restaurant.

Zardnaar

Legend
The 2 of the last 3 Indian places I saw serving lamb both closed down pre-COVID. Goat curries are almost everywhere by comparison.

Haven't seen goat at any Indian place here. Normally chicken, lamb maybe seafood, paneer and vegan.

Christmas left overs did 3 more meals including blunches so 4 total. No one could be bothered cooking so we went to a fish and chip shop. All our favorites were closed so we took a punt.

$67 nzd (40 usd approx) fed 9 people. I had fish, chips and a steak and egg burger. Wife had chips and a sausage.

There curry roll looked really good, they were cheap (prices circa 4 years ago) and the family running it were super nice. Almost as good as our regular alot cheaper.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
The 2 of the last 3 Indian places I saw serving lamb both closed down pre-COVID. Goat curries are almost everywhere by comparison.
Huh. The two Indian restaurants we frequent A) both survived COVID (so far) and B) both serve lamb. I see goat on their menus, too, but ... at least at those restaurants, goat always has bones in, and I'm too lazy to do that much work.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
How common is lamb in gyro and kofta?

Checking the online menus, the Greek/Italian restaurant near our house says the Gyro are lamb from the menu. The Middle Eastern one on campus has beef kofta.

Remove ads