Cookin again

Mercurius

Legend
I'm making these right now:
My apologies for the annoying FB video with the annoying music. I wish they'd just do it as an actual recipe, so I had to write it down, continually pausing. But couldn't resist.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Good videos make for decent instructional guides. That one wasn’t too bead, actually.

Here’s one of my faves:

Simple, but tasty.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And, a classic...

My wife and I are doing "Thanks-taking" this year. We cannot have the dozen folks we'd usually have in the house, but my wife cannot abide not feeding people. So, we are cooking a standard meal.. and them packing it up for folks to come, visit for a few minutes masked and distanced outside, and to take home.

And of course, after our plan was already in place, we got the "hey, could you handle a couple more people?" call. So, tonight I have to go out and get more stuffing ingredients, more ingredients for two of our desserts, and more containers for takeaway.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Had to buy flour for something I cooked last week, so I had basically the whole bag left over. Decided to make basic flour-and-water biscuits and grabbed a random recipe off the internet.
Then I decided it wasn't going to be nearly enough dough for what I had in mind, so I doubled it.
And started fiddling.
A lot of sugar, cinnamon and mashed apples later, I ended up with something vaguely resembling cinnamon apple scones...

cinnamonapplescones.jpg

(Yeah, I put a LOT of cinnamon in there, lol.)

A bit dry, but not entirely terrible for one of my little spur of the moment adventures in improvisation.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And, a classic...

My wife and I are doing "Thanks-taking" this year. We cannot have the dozen folks we'd usually have in the house, but my wife cannot abide not feeding people. So, we are cooking a standard meal.. and them packing it up for folks to come, visit for a few minutes masked and distanced outside, and to take home.

And of course, after our plan was already in place, we got the "hey, could you handle a couple more people?" call. So, tonight I have to go out and get more stuffing ingredients, more ingredients for two of our desserts, and more containers for takeaway.
We planned on doing something similar, but we’re being thwarted at each turn. But we’re still following through, albeit scaled down.

Since our oven died last month, I’ve been using a tabletop roaster. But tomorrow morning, the plumber is coming to unclog our sink. It’s backing up for reasons we don’t have the foggiest notion as to why.

And tonight, I spent a while cleaning up the bottle of olive oil I knocked off the cooking island, which sent glass shards careening even around corners...plus sopping up the oil pool itself, of course.

Zardnaar

Legend
We planned on doing something similar, but we’re being thwarted at each turn. But we’re still following through, albeit scaled down.

Since our oven died last month, I’ve been using a tabletop roaster. But tomorrow morning, the plumber is coming to unclog our sink. It’s backing up for reasons we don’t have the foggiest notion as to why.

And tonight, I spent a while cleaning up the bottle of olive oil I knocked off the cooking island, which sent glass shards careening even around corners...plus sopping up the oil pool itself, of course.

Cleaning up oil is the pits. Mate has a food stuck and he spelt his big ass container of it.

Seen it spill in a warehouse as well. They had to use a degreaser and sand iirc to clean it up. Forklift tires can spin on it.

Plunger doesn't work on your sink?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
No. This one is major. We tried liquid drain cleaner, too. We may even have had water from the washing machine- on the other side of the house- come up through the sink. Thank goodness, nothing from the showers or toilets has returned...

And like I said, I don’t have a clue as to what caused it.

Remove ads