Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Tilapia are any of @100 species of large, edible, (mostly) freshwater fish in the cichlid family. They’re found on most continents, as I recall.

1616207242660.jpeg

Zardnaar

Legend
Tilapia is a kind of fish that is commonly farmed (at least, as a proportion of what one finds in the US). IIRC, it's a pretty mild-flavored fish.

And as you guessed, "Lenten" is the adjective of "Lent." During Lent, Roman Catholics (among others) don't eat meat on Fridays. Fish is not-meat, under those rules (for most denominations).

I know the basics of lent. It's also Friday.

Saturday here I'ma from the future. For your lotto numbers send $50 to NZscam.org.

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I know the basics of lent.
Sorry. It can be hard to know what someone else knows. I personally have a tendency to either overexplain (when people already know) or completely fail to explain (when people have no idea what I'm talking about).

Zardnaar

Legend
Sorry. It can be hard to know what someone else knows. I personally have a tendency to either overexplain (when people already know) or completely fail to explain (when people have no idea what I'm talking about).

All good. I know a bit about church history not so much the details/rituals.

Zardnaar

Legend
Tantuni lamb on rice as per your suggestion.

IMG_20210320_191959.jpg

Very basic hot sauce and special mayo.

It was very tasty. The lamb is minced and they mix it with spices. Then they will it into balls and spit roast it. Then it gets sliced off with huge knife.

Tender no bone melts in mouth. Bit more well done than I'm used to.

Hot sauce and jalapenos gave it some kick.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love lamb kebabs. Had ‘em quite a few times in my life, and right now, 2 places near me actually do a good job with them. I’ve probably mentioned both here before- one is a family owned & operated restaurant/grocery, and the other is a takeout place in the tiny suite next to a convenience store.

Zardnaar

Legend
I love lamb kebabs. Had ‘em quite a few times in my life, and right now, 2 places near me actually do a good job with them. I’ve probably mentioned both here before- one is a family owned & operated restaurant/grocery, and the other is a takeout place in the tiny suite next to a convenience store.

I was wondering if they cook them the same way.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I think the two near me vary slightly. The takeout place definitely uses a small, open flame grill for the kebabs. The other place might, but the only cooking surface I can SEE is a big flattop griddle. i might just not be able to see their fire, though.

Remove ads