Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Here they do the shish, that costs more best on charcoal grill. Some places just use normal grill.

Then the dono kebab uses spit roast that's gas powered. It's a vertical one that rotates.

The more expensive lamb is chunks the cheap lamb is minced.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Trying my hand at a meatloaf for the first time tonight. intended to stuff it with bacon & cheese, but burned my bacon. Using sliced ham instead.

We’ll see how this comes out...

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Trying my hand at a meatloaf for the first time tonight. intended to stuff it with bacon & cheese, but burned my bacon. Using sliced ham instead.

We’ll see how this comes out...
What are you using for the loaf? Beef, or a mix? (I'm partial to bison and turkey, myself, but there's not really a wrong answer.)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Beef only. Trying to use what I have on hand, and I have a stockpile of frozen 80/20 I need to use up.

i tried a turkey loaf over a decade ago, and added too much oil. It tasted fine, but the texture... OMG , it was like eating a meat pudding...as in a rare creature from the Monster Manual! After cutting and serving pieces of it, the rest started to ooooooooze across the pan.

We did NOT eat it all.

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Hey, ham works for cordon bleu, so it should work for meatloaf.
It was more that your first choice (bacon + cheese + meatloaf) isn't wildly different from a bacon cheeseburger, which is a known classic. Ham + cheese works on a burger, but it's a little more of a fringe thing.

Yes, I'm sure your meatloaf is going to come out fine. IIRC, you're not a huge fan (I suspect you're making it for a relative who is) but that's not relevant to that.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It was more that your first choice (bacon + cheese + meatloaf) isn't wildly different from a bacon cheeseburger, which is a known classic. Ham + cheese works on a burger, but it's a little more of a fringe thing.

Yes, I'm sure your meatloaf is going to come out fine. IIRC, you're not a huge fan (I suspect you're making it for a relative who is) but that's not relevant to that.
Good memory!

No, meatloaf isn’t my thing, but I eat it on occasion. My cousin who is a meatloaf FREAK moved back to NOLA a few years ago.

But I figured it was a good way to use a 3lb chub and some of the other stuff I had. I used a couple kinds of onion, paprika, and other seasonings. Mozzarella and butterkäse were the cheeses. I topped it with a marinara Mom picked up at William-Sonoma- it wasn’t bad, but I prefer Dave’s Gourmet.

FWIW, it came out OK. I could definitely do better, though.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This is my first attempt in cooking it in over a decade, and the last time I had some was a meatloaf sandwich at Weinberger’s deli in 2018 or 2019. So it’s not high on my list either.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases