Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Bit if a fail the other night. Concentrated sobhard on the garnish forgot to put the chicken on derp.

Going camping tomorrow so thought I would try this fella.

He is doing a Syrian food truck. Tried a chicken saj with shatta sauce and za'atar iirc. A say is essentially a wrap but what he did with it was magic.

View attachment 149821

His falafel was beautiful. Light fluffy and crispy. Bought 12 if them to share at family meeting tonight.
I’m not a big fan of falafel, but a really good one is a culinary treat, no question!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m mildly allergic to chocolate, but I really love it. So I have to pick my culinary battles.

A few days ago, I had an insight: coffee (when sweetened) and chocolate have similar flavor profiles, so a coffee flavored syrup might be a reasonable substitute for chocolate syrup. So I started looking for recipes. Like I figured, such a thing was basically a mix of simple syrup and a coffee you like.

But before I could start experimenting, mom ordered some Torani Coffee flavored syrup online.

Gotta say, my first experience tasting it on an ice cream sundae after dinner tonight pretty much confirmed my hypothesis.

I’m still going to be using actual chocolate syrup, but now I have another option to scratch that itch on days when I REALLY need to avoid having even a minor reaction.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I’m mildly allergic to chocolate, but I really love it. So I have to pick my culinary battles.

A few days ago, I had an insight: coffee (when sweetened) and chocolate have similar flavor profiles, so a coffee flavored syrup might be a reasonable substitute for chocolate syrup. So I started looking for recipes. Like I figured, such a thing was basically a mix of simple syrup and a coffee you like.

Gotta say, my first experience tasting it on an ice cream sundae after dinner tonight pretty much confirmed my hypothesis.

I’m still going to be using actual chocolate syrup, but now I have another option to scratch that itch on days when I REALLY need to avoid having even a minor reaction.
I have long known that chocolate was often a recognizable flavor in coffee. I'm pleased you're able to make it work. I'll point out that coffee liqueurs are often really sweet, and might be another way you could scratch that itch.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I have long known that chocolate was often a recognizable flavor in coffee. I'm pleased you're able to make it work. I'll point out that coffee liqueurs are often really sweet, and might be another way you could scratch that itch.
I actually have a couple coffee liqueurs on my booze cart. And I have used them- and other spirits- on ice cream, so THAT wasn’t the epiphany.

But I had NEVER seen coffee syrup on a store shelf. I didn’t know it existed as a commercial product. Still, I strongly suspected it was a culinary thing, and I’d be able to make some.

Fortunately, I don’t HAVE to!

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I actually have a couple coffee liqueurs on my booze cart. And I have used them- and other spirits- on ice cream, so THAT wasn’t the epiphany.

But I had NEVER seen coffee syrup on a store shelf. I didn’t know it existed as a commercial product. Still, I strongly suspected it was a culinary thing, and I’d be able to make some.

Fortunately, I don’t HAVE to!
If you're looking for a recommendation ...

This stuff is really, really good.

Zardnaar

Legend
Options are limited atm. Camping with lpg bbq's and catering to kids.
IMG_20220117_101324.jpg

Hometown cheese roll. Cronut place was closed on a Monday morning. Very traditional ones tasty enough

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases