Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Ye olde traditional small town NZ bakery. Same stuff as the 1980's as a kid.

IMG_20220117_103111.jpg

Lemon neenish tarts, muffins, custard squares, Belgian biscuits.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Morning tea for the whanau.
Carrot cake muffins with cream cheese icingX5, some other muffin, lemon neenish tart. In the bag X2 sausage rolls.

IMG_20220117_114350.jpg

Off to that fish and chip shop I've been raving about. Generally rated as top 10 in the country. 15 minute drive from the campsite. It's Monday though so idk if it's open

Zardnaar

Legend
IMG_20220117_123350.jpg

Naked blue cod, chips and a hot dog.

IMG_20220117_123505.jpg
With tartare sauce, lemon juice and beer unfused tomato sauce on the hot dog.

Not a fan of seafood but every now and then get a craving for blue cod or sole fillet.

It was amazing best blue cod and hot dog I've ever had. Chips were great but not the best but 0 regrets. Approx $15 usd and I gave a puce of fish and most if the chips away.

Back into my internet free black hole.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I love finding little family run places with fantastic food. The only better culinary experience is good home-cooked food with friends & family.

Don‘t get me wrong- the high-end stuff may be fantastic, but it’s less…relaxed.

Zardnaar

Legend
Post camp family meals.
IMG_20220119_185629.jpg

Chicken filo.

IMG_20220119_185418.jpg

Bread and dips. Pesto, dukkah, olive oil and vinegar, hummus. Got to sample it dukkah was a bit salty, pesto was great.

IMG_20220119_185421.jpg

Loaded fries gravy and bacon. They were very nice.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
IMG_20220119_185326.jpg
NZ ribs.

IMG_20220119_185218.jpg

Blue cod, tartare, lemon and chips. Not as good as town down the road. 7.5/10.

IMG_20220119_185815.jpg

My burger, very saucy basically a cheeseburger with caramelized onions in a brioche bun. 9/10 chips were good.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Today was my maternal aunt’s birthday, and her youngest son’s birthday was last week. So I took the pair of them out to a seafood place (of her choosing) to celebrate.

(No pix taken.)

We had a good meal and a good time. The last time I was in that place, I had their chargrilled oysters for the first time, and repeated that experience tonight. Then I had some clam chowder and- because @Zardnaar has been making me hungry- some fish & chips. I doubt theyre even in the same ballpark, quality wise, as what HE gets, but I was happy. Along with the fries, I had some sautéed/wilted garlic spinach.

My aunt also had the oysters- no surprise, because she’s the one who tipped me off to how good they were at this place- and a crab & shrimp stuffed flounder. Her sides were the menu standard mashed potatoes and green beans.

My cousin decided to be adventurous for once. Initially, he was going to have a shrimp po’boy. But when it came time to order, he decided to have a bowl of their crab bisque and the same entree as his mom. However, instead of the standard sides, he subbed a cup of gumbo for the green beans. 🤣

Remove ads