Cookin again

Zardnaar

Legend
Father in law made this for wife's birthday.

IMG_20220206_115728.jpg

Sticky date pudding.

Only the ice cream was store bought.

IMG_20220205_184126.jpg

Fish and chips store bought. Blue cod with tartare sauce, chips and a steak and egg burger. Fish and chip shops, Chinese and burger joint often the same thing. This hop also sells deep fried cheese rolls go figure.

IMG_20220206_173018.jpg

And a weird burger. Had Sriracha mayo and peppini in it and jalapenos. Was nice wife got a glorified cheese and bacon burger and it rocked. This one was very nice and very greasy.

Apart from this stuff just the boring usuals more or less living off rabit food and oats.

Made a nice spiced pumpkin nut salad and tonight's effort was a chicken salad on pita very basic.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Wow authentic Mexican here?

Lamb tacos a thing over there? I like Mexican food mist places here kinda suck.
I'm not an expert, but from the outside I don't see any reason lamb tacos wouldn't be a thing, other than perhaps a cultural preference for beef among red meats. There are folks who raise sheep around the US-Mexico border, at least.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I haven’t encountered lamb tacos, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find them somewhere.

There’s an incredible family restaurant in San Antonio whose specialty is cabrito (goat). They make it into all the kinds of things you’re used to seeing beef, chicken, pork or shrimp versions of. They have rotisserie ovens all around the main dining area with glass towards the diners so you can see them cooking on the spits.

So why not lamb tacos someplace?

Zardnaar

Legend
Rating the various sides you can get at a fish and chip shop.

They do 23. There's more but it's location specific. Eg they exclude jam raps (NZ donuts jam center, chocolate bars, wedges and special options).

Most F&C shops do burgers and often Chinese more rare Indonesian or Cambodian dishes. I can go to one and get a cheese and bacon burger, chop suey, fish and chips and a satay beef on rice all from the same place.

And some places offer garlic butter or vinegar as condiments.

NZ donuts are different they're deep fried and coated in Suger and cinnamon or you get them full of various jam flavours.

Zardnaar

Legend
Nothing to exciting.

IMG_20220221_180716.jpg

Kumara and pumpkin hummus was nice though.
Pile o' rice, salad, chicken and a bit of pita. Think I went vegetarian on Saturday by accident.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Dad just hit 76 yesterday. Among other things, Mom & I put together a nice antipasto on a 14”x20” turkey platter for his party. I chose the ingredients, she did the layered plating.

INGREDIENTS:
Provolone
Mortadella
Genoa Salami
Thinly sliced red onion
Castelvetrano olives
Kalamata olives
Heart of palm
Marinated mushroom slices
Marinated artichoke hearts
San Marzano tomatoes
Sopressata
Diced mozzarella
Sweet Capicola

DRESSING:
Red wine vinegar
Lemon juice
EVOO
Dijon mustard
Rosemary
Oregano
Thyme
Basil
Parsley
Black pepper

It came out damn good. But there were hiccups. The brand of artichoke I prefer was out of stock, so I was kind of guessing when I chose a substitute. They were tasty, but they did have a little bit more of the tough, inedible outer leaves still attached.

Similarly, the sopressata I chose had an inedible casing, but I couldn’t SEE it. So people were pulling little strips out as they ate . 😳

Still, it was tasty. And- leave it to my creole family- several took the antipasto and slapped it between pieces of the buttered toast we had provided and made faux mufalettas.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases