Core Handbook Errors Discussion

zoroaster100

First Post
The warlord builds are transposed, at least as far as at-will powers. The at-will powers suggested for inspired warlord are intelligence based and the at-will powes suggested for tactical warlord are charisma based, when they should be the opposite.

Nikodemus

First Post
Not sure if this one has been noted (I didn't read the whole thread). The summary table for mutli-class feats says that Pact initiate grants eldritch blast once per encounter. The actual description of the feat says that you get the at will power of your chosen pact once per encounter.

RigaMortus2

First Post
zoroaster100 said:
The warlord builds are transposed, at least as far as at-will powers. The at-will powers suggested for inspired warlord are intelligence based and the at-will powes suggested for tactical warlord are charisma based, when they should be the opposite.

Well, Furious Smash is ok for the inspiring warlord's at will, because part of it's effect is based off Charisma.

The two that are suggested for the tactical warlord (intel based warlord) do not take advantage of intelligence or charisma, so either one of them will work with either build.

So the only fubar I see is selecting Commander's Strike for the inspiring warlord, since it utilizes intelligence and not charisma. It's still not bad, but is probably more useful for the tactical warlord. The inspiring warlord still does use intel, it is just suggested to be the least important of the important stats.

Should look like this...

Inspiring Warlord
Suggested At-Wills: Furious Smash, Viper's Strike OR Wolf Pack Tactics.

Tactical Warlord
Suggested At-Wills: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike OR Wolf Pack Tactics.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
RigaMortus2 said:
On page 281, the image that shows how a Burst 2 works doesn't seem right to me. Wouldn't the 2 top left squares be affected by the burst as well?
No. Using normal movement rules, those squares are more than 2 distant from the origin square. Except for the first square, the burst seems to use normal movement rules. It seems to work similar to a Spread in 3.5e.

Kraydak

First Post
Oldtimer said:
No. Using normal movement rules, those squares are more than 2 distant from the origin square. Except for the first square, the burst seems to use normal movement rules. It seems to work similar to a Spread in 3.5e.

A) The top, second from left square is only 2 away from the origin square.
B) I don't see any indication that bursts/blasts care about obstacles when determining their area.

fuzzlewump

First Post
For the burst picture on 281, I think if you can draw a line from any corner of the origin square to a corner of another square and also cross the actual area inside of the square in question at the same time, then that square is effected. Oh, and the square whose corner is touched and area is crossed must be within burst X.

I don't really see any mention of it, but that works for me.

Flazzy

First Post
STUNNED
✦ You grant combat advantage.
You can’t take actions.
✦ You can’t flank an enemy.

DELAY: NO ACTION
✦ Delay Entire Turn: ...You also can’t delay if you’re dazed or if
you’re unable to take actions.

End Harmful Effects after You Act: ...For example, if an enemy
stunned you until the end of your next turn, the
stunned condition ends.
You can’t avoid a harmful
effect by delaying.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Kraydak said:
A) The top, second from left square is only 2 away from the origin square.
B) I don't see any indication that bursts/blasts care about obstacles when determining their area.
A) No, since you can't use the diagonal (can't move diagonally past a blocked square), it is 3 away from the origin.
B) Page 280: "When you make an area attack or a close attack, a target has cover if there is an obstruction between the origin square and the target" I take that as an indication that they care about obstacles.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Here is another detail they missed:
The skill Nature is keyed of Wisdom, but in the class skill list for Wizard it says: "Nature (Int)".

Remove ads