Core Handbook Errors Discussion

Kraydak

First Post
Oldtimer said:
A) No, since you can't use the diagonal (can't move diagonally past a blocked square), it is 3 away from the origin.
B) Page 280: "When you make an area attack or a close attack, a target has cover if there is an obstruction between the origin square and the target" I take that as an indication that they care about obstacles.

A) point, but point B still holds (and if that statue is adequately big, the argument holds for the top right corner, too)
B) top right corner also has cover and is still getting hit.

Aria Silverhands said:
This much required errata is ridiculous. They should have released the near-final pdf's to the public for a nominal fee and used everyone as proofreaders.
Agreed. Green Ronin does this with for their Mutants & Masterminds line, and even set up official errata threads on their company message boards to list the errors and then try to correct as many as possible before the book goes to print. And as an added bonus, give those that bought the pre-release pdfs the option to update with the corrected version a bit later after the book hits the shelves. And it's worked out pretty well so far ;)

And fairly certain everyone knows the Microsoft rant of them putting a new OS on the market and letting the end-users serve as beta-testers...

Donovan Morningfire said:
And it's worked out pretty well so far ;)
For Green Ronin, a small, privately-held (so far as I know) company.

Try selling this to management of a large corporation: "Yeah, we'd like to release the new game, the one we've spent millions on developing, for a nominal fee because we think it needs more proofreading. Don't worry, I'm sure no one will post it on the internet or anything."

Blackeagle

First Post
Fifth Element said:
Try selling this to management of a large corporation: "Yeah, we'd like to release the new game, the one we've spent millions on developing, for a nominal fee because we think it needs more proofreading. Don't worry, I'm sure no one will post it on the internet or anything."

Gee, not doing that sure did a good job of keeping 4e off the internet. ;)

I have a problem with damage from lack of food/air

it calls for 1hp of damage for each character levels

while I understand the reasoning of this

maybe the damage should be hp damage=hp from healing surge or half that, 1hp/level make for a longer death at 1st level than at 30th level

Kraydak

First Post
FabioMilitoPagliara said:
I have a problem with damage from lack of food/air

it calls for 1hp of damage for each character levels

while I understand the reasoning of this

maybe the damage should be hp damage=hp from healing surge or half that, 1hp/level make for a longer death at 1st level than at 30th level

Wow. Serious wierdness there. On the other hand, you do get a *massive* initial buffer. A first level wizard might be able to hold his breath for 5 1/2 minutes while a lvl 10 wizard might only get 4 minutes and change, but both are still doing pretty well. At least the DC20 endurance check for taking damage while holding your breath seems to not have a cumulative 5 point penalty, so high level characters do much better while actively fighting underwater.

Vendark

First Post
neoweasel said:
No you're not. Reach weapons only threaten adjacent squares.

The Polearm Gamble feat gives limited threatening reach.

And, to address a previous poster's concerns, the feat has Wis 15 as a requirement. Combine that with the Wis influence on Combat Superiority, and it starts to become clear why Wis matters to polearm users.

furthestaway

First Post
I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but I've noticed something odd with Healing Surges. Both Leaders get 7+con/day, and all the Strikers get 6+con/day; however, one Defender (the paladin) gets 10, while the other (the fighter) only gets 9.

Are Paladins actually meant to have more healing surges than Fighters, as I can't really think of a reason why (the Divine Leader doesn't get any more than the Martial Leader, so that can't be why)?

malraux

First Post
furthestaway said:
I'm not sure if this is an error or not, but I've noticed something odd with Healing Surges. Both Leaders get 7+con/day, and all the Strikers get 6+con/day; however, one Defender (the paladin) gets 10, while the other (the fighter) only gets 9.

Are Paladins actually meant to have more healing surges than Fighters, as I can't really think of a reason why (the Divine Leader doesn't get any more than the Martial Leader, so that can't be why)?
Paladins can give their HS to other characters. The fighter only has to heal himself, and the cleric's and warlord's powers trigger using the target's HS. That probably explains it.

Remove ads