Credmoore Play by Post

larryfinnjr

First Post
This would be a roll initiative situation.

OOC: For speed sake, may I suggest next time you just roll for all parties and then type out an ongoing list of who's up next....

Xaal

"There will be no Iron Tower, no reign, and no more of this, this madness...stand down or be cut down!" <Intimidate to get them to think twice>

OOC: Free: Arcana check to determine what they're up to
Free: Perception check to see where the terrain is most advantageous to us (Passive is better - 17)
Init: 9

Last edited:

whardell

Explorer
OOC You beat me to the punch I was adding inits I forget that you tend to be on around now.

Your Arcana check combined with the fact a tar devil just stepped out of the pool suggests to you that they may be trying to summon tar devils. You are not sure.

Green Glowy fellow maybe the fusing of man and spirit that the guard mentioned.

There really isn't much terrain to speak of, it is generally a wide flat cavern, 12 squares wide, 20 deep. The pool is pretty centered East/West, and is about 2/3 the way into the cavern from the south end.

Pool is a burst one with the tar devil in the center. 1 square around the edge of the pool is difficult terrain (very slick)

Last edited:

BoudasBrain

First Post
Now that Bouda has seen what's happening with her own eyes, she tries to discern the nature of the immediate threat and figure out if she is indeed "Too late to stop [them]."

Last edited:

whardell

Explorer
As to the ritual, you think you are only on the fringe of it. You still hear the chanting going on so you know it isn't over.

The Mist Shrouded Warrior moves bellows, "The Horned One is Mine!" and charges at Xaal.

The other warriors obviously spurred by their leaders bold move charge toward Bouda.

The Tar Devil lobs a steaming ball of Tar at Bouda.

Let me know what hits and what you do next.

OOC: I'm going to try this without a map. Assume there are 4 ranges, melee, close(5 squares), and long (10 squares) and Distant (15+). A move action can move you one category closer/further. A shift will allow you to gain CA if there is another hero in melee with your target. We will play loose like this to see how it works, if we hate it, we'll stop.

Xaal and Bouda are in melee with the Green Eyed Warrior and all 4 Normal Warriors. You are Long Range from the Tar Devil

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: standing by to see how much damage Bouda took and what the init order is (where's Moon in it?)

the movement thing sounds interesting... what about provoking and OAs?

assuming green-eyed guy is targeting Xaal's AC, it's a miss...what's he (and the others) attacking with?

if you're going to need us to reply each time you swing against us, that's going to double the # of posts needed...

Xaal's critical stats: AC 20 / Fort 15 / Ref 15 / Will 16
36/36 hp
12 surges
1 AP
2 power points
1 second wind
resist 6 fire

Remove ads