Credmoore Play by Post

whardell

Explorer
OOC. The elves are basically fighting off screen.

Zombies 1,2,3 all attack Xal with their misty claws.

***Please double check that I didn't miss a buff to your AC somewhere down the line.

2 and 3 both wrap Xal with their Misty Claws draining the life essence right out of him.

By my count Xal is bloodied. (12hp remaining)

z4 attacks Moon Wolf and connects causing the already Bloodied Mul to stagger a bit.

Your Turn again.

Last edited:

BoudasBrain

First Post
Z1 is under Bouda's divine challenge so it takes 4 radiant damage and has a -2 penalty to its attack roll.

Bouda says to Xaal "Let me place a seal on the wretch at your flank before you hit it!"

OOC- Bouda is asking Xaal to delay until after her turn so she can Astral Seal Z1 and allow Xaal to heal some when he attacks it.

Whether or not Xaal chooses to delay, Bouda casts an Astral Seal at Z1 (provoking an OA from Z2 who is marked by Xaal) and uses Healing Word on Moonwolf.

If 11 vs Reflex hits, Z1 is at a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of my next turn and if Xaal hits it, he heals 6 hit points.

-Bouda APs with a Bolstering Strike against Z2. I doubt it hit but I've included the damage roll anyway.

Last edited:

larryfinnjr

First Post
Hearing Bouda's call, Xaal would have held his swing waiting for the Seal.

First, as a free action, in response to being struck by Z2, Xaal unleashes his Infernal Wrath upon it as a free action.

Then, with both Z2 and Z3 still marked by Xaal and Z1 marked by Bouda (and assuming all of Bouda's attacks missed), Xaal again follows up with a War Song Strike against Z2.

Hopefully that finishes off Z2.

Xaal will also AP and War Song Strike Z3.

Xaal finishes up w/ a Majestic Word on himself (heals 11 hp).

Should Z2 or Z3 survive and an ally strike them before the end of my next turn, that ally receives 4 temps.

Last edited:

whardell

Explorer
Your concerted efforts and mighty attacks tear though the zombies. Though a few stagger on you are easily able to wipe them up. As the last of the mist draws away you are filled with a powerful fey force. Though no voice speaks the words you get a clear feeling of their intent. "Thank you sister and brother to the natural world, thank you for saving these, my children. Know that you may flee here safely and we/I will guard your retreat, know also that you have not truly wounded the Mist Which Crawls. I/we will not ask you to fight that darkness any further, especially not in its own realm... You may leave"

Decision Point:
* You may retreat, you have the sense that the voice is speaking true, you can safely leave this area.
- IF you decide to retreat you must choose whether to return the way you came or to press forward. (It will not be safe to reenter the valley until further action is taken against the mist.)

* You may also opt to fight further against the Mist, this would entail going off trail and into the deeper reaches of the valley. Apparently it may also involve crossing the thin border into the FeyDark.

Moon Wolf - is still fighting wounded, nothing but rest will likely heal him. He is however indebted to you and offers his services as a warrior. [ooc he will not be at full HP until an extended rest] His vote is to leave the Valley to return with a greater force at a later date.

The Elves - are over their initial fear, though they would like to fight the mist further, they know they are outclassed and will not press further into the valley, they will retreat.

You no longer have to babysit the elves, Moonwolf will come with you if you choose or go his way if you decide against his coming. All can safely exit the valley.

whardell

Explorer
Moonwolf

You say your farewells to the elves who look happy to be alive, they take your words of warning and flee the valley back to base camp.

Moonwolf accompanies you on your trek out of the far side of the valley.

You feel safe enough as you proceed but realize that the danger is spreading quickly. Here and there you see traces of mist clinging to the base of trees and the overall feel of the valley is growing darker. Whatever doubts you might have about not facing the Mist that Crawls, Moonwolf seems to be very glad to leave.

Here is the gist of what Moonwolf shares, if you have specific questions he will answer those as well.

He believes he is a descendant of Golden Eagle or his sister, he doesn't have much to support this with but his Mordenkrad (which is a family heirloom) sports a design that appears to be the crest that Golden Eagle used on his banners.

He seems mainly to be interested in the historical/family aspect of his quest, he isn't particularly out for gold or glory. He feels it will bring him great honor to delve into his past and recover knowledge.

He can confirm that his goal is indeed the former lair of the Green Dragon, and he agrees with the research you have done. G.E. was a great warrior slew at least 2 dragons, carried a magical sword, his sister had a great library, he formed the core of an adventuring group that expanded to the point that it was able to work in multiple areas at the same time. He also believes that G.E. tooka last quest to slay a white dragon and never returned. He is fairly certain that when GE left he took only his original weapons and armor leaving behind the best of his trove for his children.

***Off the top of my head thats the gist of what he has to share, I am sure I am forgetting something and will fill in as we go. You both hit level 2 as you exit the valley (quest reward). Unless I hear otherwise I will pick up Monday(ish) with a more or less direct launch into the the area of the lair of the green.

larryfinnjr

First Post
You say your farewells to the elves who look happy to be alive, they take your words of warning and flee the valley back to base camp.

Moonwolf accompanies you on your trek out of the far side of the valley.

You feel safe enough as you proceed but realize that the danger is spreading quickly. Here and there you see traces of mist clinging to the base of trees and the overall feel of the valley is growing darker. Whatever doubts you might have about not facing the Mist that Crawls, Moonwolf seems to be very glad to leave.

Here is the gist of what Moonwolf shares, if you have specific questions he will answer those as well.

He believes he is a descendant of Golden Eagle or his sister, he doesn't have much to support this with but his Mordenkrad (which is a family heirloom) sports a design that appears to be the crest that Golden Eagle used on his banners.

He seems mainly to be interested in the historical/family aspect of his quest, he isn't particularly out for gold or glory. He feels it will bring him great honor to delve into his past and recover knowledge.

He can confirm that his goal is indeed the former lair of the Green Dragon, and he agrees with the research you have done. G.E. was a great warrior slew at least 2 dragons, carried a magical sword, his sister had a great library, he formed the core of an adventuring group that expanded to the point that it was able to work in multiple areas at the same time. He also believes that G.E. tooka last quest to slay a white dragon and never returned. He is fairly certain that when GE left he took only his original weapons and armor leaving behind the best of his trove for his children.

***Off the top of my head thats the gist of what he has to share, I am sure I am forgetting something and will fill in as we go. You both hit level 2 as you exit the valley (quest reward). Unless I hear otherwise I will pick up Monday(ish) with a more or less direct launch into the the area of the lair of the green.

OOC: Quoting to bring this text to the next page. More to follow....

larryfinnjr

First Post
OOC: OK, I think we fully discussed next steps Friday night: pushing forward w/ Moonwolf to the lair of the green dragon. Of course Xaal will try to fully debrief him on his family connections, as he is want to do.

Xaal would also like to know what he hopes to benefit... why, for example, is he seeking the green dragon lair and not any of the other destinations? why now? is it simplly divine providence our paths have crossed?

Based off his contiuned story, the sight of the family crest on the mordenkrad, and Xaal's talented questioning, I'll throw in a History roll to see if I know/remember anything else that may assist us on our journey.

Bouda - I'm interested in your take at this point...how do you feel about Moonwolf? the Mist that Crawls? the path your life has taken you since meeting Xaal?

OOC: I've also added a copy of my lvl2 CB file.

Attachments

• Xaal.dnd4e
    188 KB · Views: 64

whardell

Explorer
Xaal would also like to know what he hopes to benefit... why, for example, is he seeking the green dragon lair and not any of the other destinations? why now? is it simplly divine providence our paths have crossed?

* Essentially no one is sure of the exact location of G.E.'s keep, enough documentation exists to locate the 3 lairs. The theory is that the lair will contain enough evidence to locate the keep. He chose the green lair for much the same reason as you, the other two lairs are both more remote and have more dangerous monsters in their vicinity. The green dragon lair being relatively near the elves has kept the monstrous population mostly in check.

Based off his contiuned story, the sight of the family crest on the mordenkrad, and Xaal's talented questioning, I'll throw in a History roll to see if I know/remember anything else that may assist us on our journey.

* You confirm the crest is indeed GE's. Further you notice that the smiths mark on the head of the hammer is also that of Golden Eagle, apparently the lord also crafted this item. You get the sense this is a magical hammer, and recall a piece of knowledge you previously hadn't remembered. GE had perfected enough of smithcraft to reforge magical weapons without loosing any of their magical essence. This is part of why his companions were so prosperous in the area, they were very well equipped.

BoudasBrain

First Post
Bouda believes that everything that has happened up to this point has been divine providence and has a quiet certainty that the party will accomplish its goals collectively and individually. Bouda is however reluctant to discuss these beliefs at length because "knowing the path is not the same as walking the path."

The situation with the Mist that Crawls weighs heavily on her mind and she wants to see the mist vanquished as soon as possible. It just doesn't seem like now is the time.

Remove ads