Critical Role Critical Role Campaign 3 Discussion (SPOILERS)

jgsugden

Legend
I have a wild theory. Travis has been wanting to play as a werewolf for a loooong time (even made Grog a werewolf in his one-shot). So, what if his character is "The Anger" that the EXU team were sent to find. The group are given a mission to investigate wild animal attacks, and track down > fight a full blown werewolf. Bertrand dies or is critically injured, and the defeated werewolf reverts to a person.

That person is a Lycan Bloodhunter played by Travis. He joins the team, and has to struggle to avoid becoming the The Beast again.
I'm sorry, but Keyleth sent one of her minions to hunt down "The Anger", Travis has a potential gap for his PC, and we're not thinking about a tie back to Grog because....?

My bet is "The Anger" is either old Grog or an offspring of Grog. It is about a 1 in 3 chance of being Travis' PC.

OB1

Jedi Master
Thought episode 1 was a great introduction to the new setting and characters. Was happy to see Orym, Dorian and especially Fearne back from EXU. Fearne was the best part of that show and Ashley is crushing the otherworldly nature of someone from the Feywild.

FGC is a heal-bot, but are they also a murder-bot? Did they kill their former party?

Heavy Jean Grey vibes from Imogen. Feel like she may be the pivotal character for this campaign. Thought it was a great choice to start with her and Laudna. I already love the relationship between those two.

I'm betting Laudna is a survivor of the Briarwoods, rather than directly related and perhaps shunned by the town due to her becoming Dhampir? Marisha is having a blast and it shows.

Not sure how I feel about Ashton yet, they could be great, or they could just be grating.

I'm all in for Travis sticking with Sir Bell as his character for the campaign, but also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't last long.

I think Liam is pulling a Cad with Orym, having his character be primarily a facilitator of other PCs stories after 2 seasons of having his PC be so central to the main plot.

jgsugden

Legend
Well, we are early enough that I think nothing is set in stone.
Not to quarry, but Taliesin would need to be a lot boulder to change his PC, and frankly I don't want another PC like Cadeuces that seemed stoned all the time. We don't want to see what else he might settle upon if he changed - igneous is bliss. Of course, maybe a fire genesai would magma day. If he does change, I guess it would be ore or nothing.

I enjoyed the first episode overall. I was at first a little bummed by the characters from EU showing up but it wasn't because I don't like those characters. It was because my very favorite part of each session 1 is seeing the new characters and I already was familiar with those characters. I didn't know Robbie was a quest until I read this thread. Interesting choice. I also agree with those who believe Travis is not playing this character for long and the theory behind him playing the Anger even though there is no proof or things pointing to that.

jgsugden

Legend
...I also agree with those who believe Travis is not playing this character for long and the theory behind him playing the Anger even though there is no proof or things pointing to that.
Keyleth send Orym to look for something called, "The Anger", and the only rage she has extensive experience with is Grog (played by Travis). Proof might be a strong word, but there is evidence. I think there is roughly a 2/3 chance that Travis switches characters, and a 1/3 chance it is to "The Anger"... I think more likely, "The Anger" is an elderly Grog that has wandered off while wearing an Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location (because Keyleth has a thousand ways to hunt down Grog if he is not protected).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases