D&D General Critical Role Ending

darjr

I crit!
It's probably quite coincidental: the PCs are nearing maximum power, which Mercer doesn't like DMing for anyways, and they literally cannot top the current big bad. It is time to wrap it up.
Yup, I think it's completely natural for CR, but didn't someone note that WotC's timing is off from regular cycle? Could it be WotC delayed for CR to 'sync' up. But this is NOTHING but a GUESS and wild conjecture. I don't even really think it's true. But maybe.....

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yup, I think it's completely natural for CR, but didn't someone note that WotC's timing is off from regular cycle? Could it be WotC delayed for CR to 'sync' up. But this is NOTHING but a GUESS and wild conjecture. I don't even really think it's true. But maybe.....
Well, if there is another Critical Role book, they might want to get the base Setting out before the next band of characters hits it like a wrecking ball.

darjr

I crit!
Oh, lots of folks have used food as minis before. I once had to kill a cantaloupe before it destroyed the world.
Yes! I've done it too. But I was thinking of something specifically made for the task. Designed to hold up on the battlemat, and in shapes for PC's and a variety of 'generic' monsters. Any whooo, I'd probably buy em.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I thinknit would be extremely difficult to top on an emotional level.
Yeah. I have to wonder how much of this Matt had planned with Mollymauk's original character arc. Obviously things changed when the character died, but it still makes me ponder what would be different if he hadn't. Maybe the Somnovem would have found a different Nonagon? That would have definitely been less emotionally-driving for the characters.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah. I have to wonder how much of this Matt had planned with Mollymauk's original character arc. Obviously things changed when the character died, but it still makes me ponder what would be different if he hadn't. Maybe the Somnovem would have found a different Nonagon? That would have definitely been less emotionally-driving for the characters.
I recall he said that he made a lot.of.meaterial, probably originally to create a conflict for Taliesin. Now it's a different sort of conflict entirely.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Well, the timing is pretty good. Campaign two is with legacy characters. With the big changed in Tasha's and Ravenloft, it makes perfect sense to start with new PCs using the new customization options
That just gave me an idea. I think Talesin would do great as a Dhampir character. He likes more unique characters, often with a dark backstory, like Mollymauk and Caduceus, so I could see him doing something like that.

Remove ads