Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

I'm probably the only guy that didn't like the Critical Role Series but since I've been dying for a real D&D animation since the original, I threw $10 bucks at it. Hollywood doesn't get D&D and this may spark something huge.

If I was WOTC, I would totally make some demands. Like some commercial ads for DnD put in the series, or the rights to put out an official tie in splat book.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
At roughly the 5-hour mark, they had raised $2.6M from 19,600 backers.
On average, that's $132.65/person. That's about $8,667/minute.

MarkB

Legend
Why do they need to demand anything, Critical Role is already the single best ad campaign TSR or WotC ever had?

Plus they're in no position to demand anything, since CR could perfectly easily make a compelling animated series without touching a single piece of D&D IP. And if this Kickstarter proves anything, it's that this show has a massive consumer fanbase that WotC would be insane to even consider alienating.

Fandabidozi

Explorer
I’ve never liked CR and couldn’t be happier for their success. It’s all good for D&D, role playing in general and therefore for us. The nerds.

gyor

Legend
I'm probably the only guy that didn't like the Critical Role Series but since I've been dying for a real D&D animation since the original, I threw $10 bucks at it. Hollywood doesn't get D&D and this may spark something huge.

I don't watch critical role, but I might toss $20 or something at them later this month.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases