Critical Role Critical Role's Kickstarter Breaks $1,000,000 In About An Hour!

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

For those hoping for a new D&D cartoon, Critical Role has just launched a Kickstarter for an animated show based on their livestream campaign. It broke a million dollars in about an hour, and has 45 days left to go...

6b23fe44b487d4ab799e793103bbcb6f_original.png

"Critical Role's The Legend of Vox Machina reunites your favorite D&D heroes for a professional-quality animated special!"

Also on offer are theme song MP3s, production art prints, sticker sets, dice, playing card sets, plushies, pin sets, canvas bags, and more.

akr71

Hero
Wow! Even if they don't reach all those goals (no $ assigned past 5.75 million), they certainly will make a distributor sit up and take notice (if they haven't already). I think it is safe to say all ten 22 minute episodes will get made, its just a matter of when, and how much control the CR crew maintains over the end product.

... and good story arc to choose! Leave the pre-stream stuff for the comics.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Wow! Even if they don't reach all those goals (no $ assigned past 5.75 million), they certainly will make a distributor sit up and take notice (if they haven't already). I think it is safe to say all ten 22 minute episodes will get made, its just a matter of when, and how much control the CR crew maintains over the end product.

... and good story arc to choose! Leave the pre-stream stuff for the comics.

Not to mention, if they hit this next stretch goal, this will be the biggest film Kickstarter ever.

$5 Million, and counting...

New stretch goals are up. They are going to do the Briarwood arc next...skipping most of Tiberius' time with the crew.

They can't really do the Kraghammer arc without WotC permission to use Mind Flayers. Clarota appears in most of that arc and the amount of Mind Flayer lore would be prohibitive to rewrite without losing the core of the story.

And that covers most of Tib's time with the party.

The other cool thing about the Briarwoods is the first episode they can introduce the council of Emon so that when they move on to the Chroma Conclave arc, they are established characters when Emon is destroyed. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They can't really do the Kraghammer arc without WotC permission to use Mind Flayers. Clarota appears in most of that arc and the amount of Mind Flayer lore would be prohibitive to rewrite without losing the core of the story.

I’m sure they won’t struggle to get any permission they need. I wouldn’t be surprised to see WotC ask *them* to feature D&D branding.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

And that covers most of Tib's time with the party.

The other cool thing about the Briarwoods is the first episode they can introduce the council of Emon so that when they move on to the Chroma Conclave arc, they are established characters when Emon is destroyed. :)

I think Tiberius is more of a sticking point than getting WotC on board.

$5.1 million and counting...

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So for those of familiar with what CR is, but not necessarily specifics of story, what's a Tiberius and why is it a problem?

Tiberius Stormwind was a Dragonborn Sorcerer played by Orion Acaba, who was part of the party pre-streaming show and for the first couple dozen streamed adventures. Specifics are fuzzy and dramatic, but he had a falling out with his friends and left the show.

Remove ads

Remove ads