• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths (Full)

Velmont

First Post
Laval, where in Laval. I have a few freinds who have moved in this part.

(Yeah, I am lost in Europe now, have been lost in Africa, but I live in Montreal, in the Mile Ends..)

And for color. I'll go with Manzanita calls, but how I usually work with color:
Description
"I talk"
I think

OOC: Out of Character

DarkMaster

First Post
Barak, I don't even know what TOG stands for, so I guess it is safe to assume I never went there.

Velmont, Ste-Dorothe, western part of the Island (Laval Island)

Barak

First Post
Heh I have no idea what it stands for either (actually, I don't even think it's an acronym), but me and all my gaming friends back there frequented it (actually, the owner of the place even came all the way here for my wedding), so it was an easy way to figure out if you might have been someone I knew. Oh, and it's a weird gaming store/hang-out.

Back on topic.. Crap, 6 shadows.. even by separating them in two groups with the turning, this could easily turn out to be a very dangerous encounter.

Manzanita

First Post
I must admit, I kind of like it when people use colors since I stick with the standard black background. But I don't tend to use them myself since I know some people dont' like them, and so often I'm in a hurry when I type that I don't like to spend the time. If its up to me, then lets not use them, as at least one player has voiced his objection.

As for the shadows, they've gotten tougher since 1E, haven't they. The module puts 6 in, but now they're CR 3, so 6 of them are...pretty tough, particularly for a group w/o many magic weapons. I think you can handle them, though. Otherwise it will be a pretty short game, huh? If you survive they might take you to 6th level.

So, do you know Darkmaster, Barak?

Barak

First Post
It was doubtful to begin with, as a lot of people reside in Montreal.. And since most of my old friends know the TOG, prolly not. Plus he's not really anywhere close to my old haunts.

-If- we can get rid of those 3 shadows in 7 rounds or less, we should be ok, as we'll have plenty of time to prepare for the others

doghead

thotd
Six. Shadows. That. Is. Nasty.

Nothing like starting an adventure with a bang. Or a blood curdling apparation in this case.

thotd.

DarkMaster

First Post
While I strongly doubt (Montreal is a large city after all), we might know each other from somewhere else. You could be my office colleague and I would never know about it.

Did I miss something, why do we have 7 rounds or less to get rid of them?

Barak

First Post
Nah you didn't miss nothing, it's my own estimation. The shadows I turned only flee for 10 rounds, so they'll be back. But if we get rid of those who remain quickly enough, we'll have time to do some buffing.

And I don't live in Montreal anymore, I'm in western NY state..

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads