• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths (Full)

Velmont

First Post
Pretty frustrating to be useless. And now I lost 6 point of Str, damn too much for a soldier... and for the text color. I'll try to not post with color, as it is ask, but as I use that in every other thread where I post, sorry if I forget that some times.

Barak

First Post
Once we have a chance to breathe, I can prolly help you out a bit about the strenght, but I'm afraid I'm out of Magic Weapon spells.

doghead

thotd
With you there on the frustrating part. Marcus never had much strength to begin with. Very nasty monsters those shadows.

Looks like we will just have to let the others have a chance to shine :)

Velmont

First Post
doghead said:
Looks like we will just have to let the others have a chance to shine :)

No problem with other shining, but I prefer when I am not in the shadow (ok, bad joke...). No seriously, just sad to see that the first encounter I play in it, I am a bit useless and "wounded"

Manzanita

First Post
I've never fought against incorperal creatures before. I'm giving Ehldannis the benefit of the doubt on the shocking grasp. Since you can't really grasp it, could you shock it?

I like to see how different creatures do against the party. For a while it seemed all we fought were druids and their minions. :p These are tough for Tullius and Octar. I wouldn't think Octar's arrows could hurt it, even if they were shot from a magic bow.

Barak

First Post
According to RAW, shocking grasp would work on incorporeal, but would be subject to the 50% chance. Also, arrows shot from a magic bow do gain the bow's ability to bypass DR, I think, but on that I'm not 100% certain.

Obviously, in Manzanita's game, I could easily be wrong on all of it.. :)

Velmont

First Post
Yeap, a Holy longbow +1 would shot arrows that are considered magic and good for example, but as you says, the last word on how magic item work in a world is going to the person who create that world.

DarkMaster

First Post
Manz I agree with the others, projectile shot from a magic ranged weapon takes the properties of the weapon. But like the other said also you have the last word here.

There was no description of what was happening for Octar in your post.

Can Octar finds a spot to start shooting his arrow?

Manzanita

First Post
What is "RAW"?

In general I'm happy to take the standard rules about things. All my playing in 3E & 3.5E have been over the internet, the vast majority of this at characters of low level, so there's all sorts of rules I don't know or don't really understand. Those who have gamed with me before (particularly Velmont, who's in the other game I DM) have probably picked up on that.

I hadn't made a reference to Octar, b/c I assumed his bow would be useless. At this point, it is. The shadow is in a doorway on a narrow hallway, with three people between it and Octar. Later, if and when the other shadows return, I'm sure his bow will come in handy.

DarkMaster

First Post
RAW = Rules As Written

and I do beleive that you don't need to know the rules by heart to be a good DM and make interesting story, you just need to rely on your player a bit more ;)

Remove ads