• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
During the night deep into the swamp, more than a days travel from anywhere worth mentioning, the group beds down to the best of their ability. Tyrla keeps watch with her keenly enhanced eyesight, and the group attempts to avoid stirring any trouble till dawn. During the night, however, Tyrla hears the sounds of battle. Club against wooden shield, and claw against stone echo out into the darkness. The sounds are coming from somewhere to the east of your current position, but out of sight in this darkness. Thunder adds its dreadful roar even farther away, as the incredible storm starts rolling towads the Blackfens.

OOC: Reactions are permissible from anyone, I'm not going to worry about who was awake or asleep here.

Redclaw

First Post
Larian fumbles for his magical pearl and uses it to recall the gestures of a spell he had already cast. He then leans in and whispers to his companions, I am interested in discovering the source of these sounds, but I worry that anything we do may attract unwanted attention. I would recommend keeping a low profile here, but being prepared in case that doesn't work.

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Sounds more like a fight. Maybe the lizard folk were a bit too slow in coming into the service of the encroaching army. A bit of scouting might be valuable, if anyone is feeling sneaky- it may even be that this distraction allows us an opportunity to acquire a raft, before this storm finishes drowning us where we sit." As she spoke, Tyrla looked futilely into the darkness, trying to get some sense of what was happening without getting any closer.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Pender, Male Human Fighter 7

Pender shudders at the sounds coming from the east. He straps up his armor and checks his sword.

"We should check that out," he mutters. "Avril, can you transform yourself into a bird again?"

Arkhandus

First Post
"Nah, don't go out in this as a bird," Warren responds, "I'll go see what I can find out on foot, low to the ground." The halfling straps on his basic gear and skulks away from camp towards the noises.

(ooc: H/MS of 26, taking 10 and going slowly)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Warren heads farther out into the swamp on his own. The lack of lighting makes his attempts to discern what's going on difficult. After walking some ways from the group's camp, one of his feet sloshes down into some terrible smelling lichens growing in a pool of algae.

From here, Warren is able to determine that the sounds are spread out... fairly scattered. Some grunting and hissing from the south, wood cracking and bashing, splashes of water, and other sounds of some kind of action. Then suddenly more sound from the north, similar, but distinct. With such limited light, you can't determine what exactly is going on.

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren scouts further north in curiousity, though not sure if it's a good idea. He'll turn around if he sees or hears anything that seems like it might be the dragon.

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 15 - hp 49/49 - Spot +13 - Listen +13

Avril glanced towards the storm and the east as Warren slipped into the darkness. It wasn't going to be easy going, so she hoped that if something happened that halfling voice could carry towards them above the sounds of the storm and the fighting. "I wonder if the dragon is around?" she asked, "I can't seem to figure out why they would be fighting, unless the razorfiends and the lizardfolk have somehow come to stand against each other. I'm not aware either, of any allies we have here, so this must be some sort of in-fighting?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC:

Spells and Abilities Active:

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Spells Prepared (Normal 6/4/3/2/1, Wis 0/1/1/1/0):

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist, Produce Flame
Level 2 (4): Barkskin (2), Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (3): Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds, Stone Shape
Level 4 (1): Flame Strike

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads