• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(CSRHoD) Creamsteak's Red Hand of Doom [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=Warren]You head north, towards the sounds. You come upon a corpse. It's humanoid in shape, but it has the skin and appearance of a reptile. It's tall, 6 and a half feet, with a fairly strong torso and a thick tail. The creature appears to have been bludgeoned to death, it's eyes beaten out of its socket. It doesn't look anything like the razorfiends or the smaller dragonblooded creatures you fought along the road when you seperated from the group. This one has numerous blood-red feathers adorning its body, twenthy in all.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren the halfling

[sblock=DM]Warren tries to pluck a feather out with one gloved hand, wondering if it's a poison dart or something. Then he starts creeping back to the group, carrying the feather. He decides that the need for recon is probably over; no sense risking himself further to see if he can identify whatever killed this lizardman.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Warren sneaks back to the group and stands up straight, stretching for a minute after so much skulking about. He says "Well, it's hard to see in these conditions, so I couldn't find out much without waltzing right up into the thick of the fighting. What I did find is that these bigger lizardmen seem to be fighting the others, or fighting something else of similar size, maybe hobgoblins for all I know. Getting beaten to death with hammers or big fists or something. And the big lizardman corpse I found had some of these red feathers on it." He holds out the feather he retrieved.

"It's hard to tell in these conditions, but I was wondering if it was a poison dart or just some feather dropped offa the attacker. I couldn't see what the lizards are fighting, but it sounds like it's going on all around the place. Maybe the hobgoblins are invading their camps or something. Also sounded like there might be something really big further to the north. Either a larger group of enemies clashing blades, or maybe the dragon ripping things up. Dunno. I'd really rather not stumble too close to whatever big bruhaha is goin' on that way, without being able to see what it is." the halfling adds.

Redclaw

First Post
Larian looks closely at the feather, hoping for some insight into its significance. I agree, Warren. Entering this battle would put us at a disadvantage. I think our best bet is to wait out the night, continue with our preparations, and then strike out against those left alive, as long as they be enemies of the good folk of the Vale and the elves.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"But it's strange..." Siobhan says, rubbing her chin in thought. "So far as we have seen, the hobgoblins have been using dragons and dragonkind, with the occasional denisen of the lower planes; not anything with feathers."

Last edited:

Pinotage

Explorer
Avril - Human Druid - AC 15 - hp 49/49 - Spot +13 - Listen +13

Avril started to relax when Warren returned, but the sounds of battle so close were still unnerving. "Let me have a look at those feathers," she said, taking them from Warren, and giving them a good look in the limited light. "Didn't the spirits say that the area up here was for creating beasts? Could this be a failed experiments? Some sort of creature that they attempted to create but went wrong?"

"I don't know the reason, but this might be fortuitous. I'm guessing that if we sneak in early at dawn, we might be able to catch the area off guard, weakened and tired. That'll make our job of destroying this place a lot easier."

[SBLOCK=OOC]OOC: Knowledge (Nature) check (+9) to see if she's seen something like those feathers before.

Spells and Abilities Active:

Spells Cast and Abilities/Items Used:

Spells Prepared (Normal 6/4/3/2/1, Wis 0/1/1/1/0):

Level 0 (6): Cure Minor Wounds (3), Detect Magic (2), Guidance
Level 1 (5): Cure Light Wounds, Enrage Animal, Faerie Fire, Obscuring Mist, Produce Flame
Level 2 (4): Barkskin (2), Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace
Level 3 (3): Call Lightning, Cure Moderate Wounds, Stone Shape
Level 4 (1): Flame Strike

Avril's Character Sheet
[/SBLOCK]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Pender, Male Human Fighter 7

Pender considers this new information, rubbing his chin. "Well, I am quite heartened by this news. It appears that our enemies are doing our job for us. I agree with Larian and Avril that we should stay out of this for now, and strike in the morning."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tyrla gave another wary glance in the direction of the approaching storm. "Are we quite sure we don't want to strike now? We could take the boat across, under cover of night and these distractions, rather than waiting to see what the morning might bring. I'm not convinced, but we might at least consider it."

Remove ads