D&D 5E Cubicle 7 Shares Victoriana’s New Cover

Last week Cubicle 7 announced that it would be releasing a new edition of its ‘Victorian Shadowrun’ style RPG, powered by the D&D 5E rule set. Today they’ve revealed Antonio De Luca’s cover of the book! https://www.enworld.org/threads/cubicle-7-announces-victoriana-for-5e.681401/ Fancy a trip back to 1887? Then look no further, peer through your monocle and read on. Last week we...

Last week Cubicle 7 announced that it would be releasing a new edition of its ‘Victorian Shadowrun’ style RPG, powered by the D&D 5E rule set. Today they’ve revealed Antonio De Luca’s cover of the book!

BD97B7EF-A1FC-4640-A68C-F9212A0C3008.jpeg

Fancy a trip back to 1887? Then look no further, peer through your monocle and read on.

Last week we announced a brand new version of our Victoriana setting using the 5th edition of the world’s most popular roleplaying game. This week we’re incredibly excited to share the stunning cover for Victoriana for 5e and an overview of what you’ll find in the book.

The Victoriana Player’s Guide gives players everything they need to create characters ready to take on the challenges of the fantastic, magical, steampunk world of Victoriana, powered by the 5th edition OGL rules.

Victoriana’s penny dreadfuls (what we call adventures) typically involve heavy doses of action, investigation, and social interaction. Jam Packed with useful information, this guide will ensure your character is prepared for any situation.

Find out exactly what's in the book here: Victoriana Player’s Guide for 5e – Cover Reveal! – Cubicle 7

Cover illustration by Antonio De Luca. Logo design by Rachael Macken.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I wonder what they'll do for the classes, if they make new ''less magical'' classes to replace the boatload of spellcasting classes in regular 5e (like they did with AiME, if you want).

If so, I'd try to use this system to play a few campaigns I have in mind, inspired by Outlast/Resident Evil/The Evil Within/Penumbra/Amnesia etc

Oh, I like this. The heroine on the right reminds me of Vanessa Ives from Penny Dreadful, my favourite character on that show .The gentleman to her right appears to be dark-skinned so I reckon the setting will be a bit more advanced socially than our real-world Victorian age...? Can someone who's familiar with the setting say something about that?

Emmetation

Explorer
Oh, I like this. The heroine on the right reminds me of Vanessa Ives from Penny Dreadful, my favourite character on that show .The gentleman to her right appears to be dark-skinned so I reckon the setting will be a bit more advanced socially than our real-world Victorian age...? Can someone who's familiar with the setting say something about that?
Yep, you're right. The big tension in Victoriana is class struggle. There is no divide by race, species/lineage, or gender

GuyBoy

Hero
Marx was reflecting Victorian society pretty accurately in his writings. Whilst the dialectic didn’t quite work out as written, there was certainly significant truth in.
Cultural Marxism ( including race, species, gender, Sexuality and others) was later as a political theory, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the issues weren’t there in Victorian London. Women were certainly second class citizens (1887 predates the Suffragette movement in any significant form, though feminist theory was a century old by that time if you look at Wollstonecraft). There was racism against Jewish immigrants who had escaped Alexander III’s pogroms in Russia. Gay relationships between men were illegal as well as meeting hostile prejudice.

So lots of tension, but I agree that class struggle was the dominant one. Probably significantly more so than in USA, as Britain didn’t have a mid-C19th Civil War on race and slavery, so class/economics/ proletariat/bourgeoisie was the key divide.

Texas in August Studio

Texas in August Studio
Does the Feywild,or Shadowfell (or something similar to these plains) appear?

How is magic used in warfair?

How much pulp fiction material is incorporated? (Such as Coyan Doyle and H. Rider Haggard)

Is Queen Victoria still a notable 8-foot tall rage beast?

TheSword

Legend
It’s 30 years too early but I think a ten year old Howard Carter might inspired by some Mummy antics - in “the protectorate” of Egypt. I get to include a dastardly French archeologist with an outraaaaaageous accent then.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads