(Cydra) Hatching Chaos

the Jester

Legend
**OOC: Sorry for the delay, everyone! I'm dogsitting and it takes a huge chunk out of every day.**

**OOC: Okay, the initiative sequence at this point is:

26 Orbius
20 Lester
20 Keyth
18 The bad guy
16 Kaerick
13 Delga
12 Jeremy
8 Giovanni**

Orbius casts his dimensional anchor and the ray shoots out and strikes the law creature square in the chest. A crackle of energy seems to surround the creature. Keyth's bend path doesn't seem to take hold, however. Lester emerges from the cave, sword in hand, just in time to see the creature blur, vanish and reappear, moving much more quickly, just before him at the mouth of the cave.

**OOC: Anyone who sees this and makes a Spellcraft check (DC 24) realizes
that the law-bot used a time stop effect.

"Stand aside, law-breaker," the creature states flatly.

**OOC: As the creature's position has changed drastically, does Kaerick want to change his action?**

Delga and his companions swell to great size as nature's power fills them to the brim, even as Carella's blessing rolls out onto the party- and, unexpectedly, the enemy as well.

**OOC: Roll spell penetration to see if you whammy the bad guy.**

Last edited:

Why can't we all just get along?

***OoC - Did we start a new round? If so, here are my moves. . . .***

Orbius fires off a Force Cage (the kind with bars, not solid) around the Law-Bot, attempting to use his Mastery of Shaping to make it fit as snuggly as possible. He then quickly scans his surrondings, using his permanent See Invisibility and Arcane Sight to try to spot the Hatchling.

***OoC - Oribus Spot check = 9 + 21 = 29***

Lester moves in and channels some Mystical Aspects of Malford to boost his resistances. He addresses his adversary in a stern voice.

"Listen, pal, this is the Temple of Elemental Good and you are under my sky. And rest assured, what ever your laws are, here they don't apply. Now you've broken our laws and for that you deserve a smack. However, in the interest of fairness, I forgive you from the consequences of your hostile act. I don't know why you Lawful guys need to attack a peaceful temple and create strife. Our folks are peaceful, and just want a less structured way of life. Leave now, . . . that's right, go on home. And if you see my Son, leave him alone!"

***OoC - Lester activates his Divine Grace like ability (free action - Mysticism Domain power). His diplomacy roll is 11 + 8 = 19, if it matters . . . ;) ***

Ferrix

Explorer
Kaerick will disregard his concealing himself and prepare to charge and pounce on the creature should an opportunity present itself once the three-armed bandit (Lester) finishes haggling with the law-bot.

JDragon

Explorer
Giovanni will move out of the way of the melee combatants and casters, where he can keep an eye on those fighting the law-bot.

He is keeping an eye out for anyone getting hurt in the battle.

Keyth, seeing Orbius' superior strategy decides to wait it out this round, to see how the construct of law reacts.

(OOC-Did Keyth's knowledge check about the thing net him any clues to what it is/what it can do?)

Last edited:

the Jester

Legend
Keyth realizes that the creature is
a powerful type of inevitable called a quarut. They guard the fabric of time and space itself, and as such can shape it to their cause to a limited extent. They are very powerful and difficult to destroy.

Orbius casts his forcecage in a tight sheath around the creature, hoping to contain it, while Lester attempts to reason with it. But it rapidly becomes apparent that the thing is not listening to reason as it dimension doors out of sight. Grimacing, Orbius casts his eyes about desperately for the hatchling, but to no avail.

**OOC: If anyone outside with an intiative after the bad guy’s wants to change their action, go ahead.**

Inside the cave, Jeremy has brought the blessings of Dexter on his boulder when suddenly a strange creature steps out of a dimension door before you and glances around. It looks like a humanoid made out of metal plates and clockwork gears, and you can see hourglasses and timepieces within it. Its gaze falls upon you.

**OOC: I'm going to let Jeremy have cast his greater magic weapon last round. What are you doing now?**

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC: Didn't the machine have a dimensional anchor on it?

"Aah! It's the monster! get away from me!"

Jeremy is startled by the appearance of the construct and instinctively puts his hands out in front of him. His ethereal hands don't have any effect on the monster but the power lying within them does, the recently blessed boulder launches itself off the ground and towards the construct while Jeremy flings himself down into the ground. His face peaks out of the mountainside as he watches the construct.

OOC:
Standard action to attack with the boulder using violent thrust telekinesis.
Move action to move away from the creature and into the ground, getting 9/10th's cover.

Attack roll 4+13=17
Possible damage 38+2=40

Remove ads