• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Cydra Rogues' Gallery-My Players STAY OUT)

Asha'man

First Post
All I want for Christmas...

... Is the Aag! :D
Really, what kind of creature is an Aag? Apparently it's a plague/bile-related type of undead. Is there anything more to tell? And what does the base creature look like?

the Jester

Legend
Merry Christmas!

AAG
Large Undead
Hit Dice: 12d12 (78 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 40’, fly 90’ (average)
Armor Class: 27 (-1 size, +4 dex, +14 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+15
Attack: Bite +10 melee (2d6+5)
Full Attack: Bite +10 melee (2d6+5), 2 claws +8 melee (1d8+2), 2 wings +8 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 5’/10’
Special Attacks: Energy drain, poison, fear, spawn
Special Qualities: SR24, undead, immunities, DR15/magic and good, sunlight vulnerability, turn resistance +4
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +12
Abilities: Str20, Dex18, Con-, Int15, Wis18, Cha16
Skills: Hide +15, Intimidate +18, Listen +19, Move Silently +19, Search +17, Spot +19
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Mobility, Multiattack
Environment: Any underground or any land at night
Organization: Solitary, pair, brood (3-5), pack (6-10) or swarm (11-20)
Challenge Rating: 13
Treasure: Double standard
Alignment: Always neutral evil
Advancement: 13-24 HD (large)
Level Adjustment: -

Horrible undead creatures, aags have long, snakelike necks topped by a grinning fanged skull with bone-white skin stretched taut across it. An aag’s body resembles the skeleton of a large human but has pale skin stretched all across it. Long claws are on both the hands and feet, and pale bat-like wings sprout from the monster’s back.

Combat:
Aags will feast gladly on any living thing. In combat the creature will generally seek to overcome any enemies with brute force, but if this seems unworkable the aag is certainly intelligent enough to switch tactics. Aags hate and fear clerics, especially those that worship sun gods, and will generally try to destroy them first.

Energy Drain (Su): Any creature struck by an aag’s claws suffers a negative level. The DC to remove the negative level is 19.

Poison (Ex): Bite; initial damage 1d6 temporary str, secondary damage 1d6 con; Fort DC16 negates.

Fear (Su): All creatures within 50’ that can see the aag must make a Will save (DC19) or be panicked for 3d6 rounds; those succeeding are unaffected and are immune to the effects of that aag’s fear ability for 24 hours.

Spawn (Su): Any creature that survives poison damage from an aag will become an aag at the first midnight after it dies unless the body is treated with a bless spell or a similar effect.

Immunities (Ex): An aag is immune to cold and acid.

Sunlight Vulnerability (Ex): An aag in direct sunlight suffers 1d8 hp of damage each round.

the Jester

Legend
... Is the Aag! :D
Really, what kind of creature is an Aag? Apparently it's a plague/bile-related type of undead. Is there anything more to tell? And what does the base creature look like?

The aag is actually the first monster I ever made for an rpg- before I'd ever even owned any rpg rules! I had played a session with someone who didn't have any of the rules, but had played with someone else etc. etc. Later I met someone with the 1e books- this was when the newest thing out was the Fiend Folio- and I think the "aa" in "aaracockra" musta struck me pretty hard, because I conceived of the aag.

This was 1980 or 1981. :)

Erevanden

Explorer
Hello again Jester !

Would it be possible to post (or to direct me) this Arcane Liege (or something similiar, can't find it right now) PrC you were devising for Baron Lillamere ??

the Jester

Legend
Hello again Jester !

Would it be possible to post (or to direct me) this Arcane Liege (or something similiar, can't find it right now) PrC you were devising for Baron Lillamere ??

I'll try to dig up a link- I had it posted in House Rules back in the day before the forums were reorganized.

Otherwise, you could go back a couple of years and sort by thread starter...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads