• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5 homebrew] Welcome to The Fold

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=Maighan]Maighan
Female Elf Druid 1
Neutral Good

Medium (4' 11", 105lbs), 140yrs old
Auburn hair, green eyes, fair skin

Languages: Common, Elvish, Druidic

Str: 12 (+1)
Con: 13 (+1)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 17 (+3)
Cha: 13 (+1)

Hit Points: 9
Initiative: +3
Speed: 6 squares (30 feet)

Defenses

AC: 15 (10 + 3 dex + 2 armor)
Fort: +3
Ref: +3
Will: +5

Attacks

+1 Melee, longsword, 1d8+1, 19-20
+3 Ranged, comp longbow, 1d8+1, 20, 110

Skills
Concentration +5 (4 ranks + 1 Con)
Handle Animal +2 (1 rank + 1 cha)
Heal +5 (2 ranks + 3 wis)
Knowledge: Nature +1 (1 rank + 0 int)
Listen +5 (2 ranks +3 wis)
Spot +5 (2 ranks + 3 wis)
Survival +7 (4 ranks + 3 Wis)

Feats
Tracking

Racial Traits and Power
Immune to Sleep
Trance
+2 vs Enchantment
Low light vision
Proficiency: Longsword and all bows
+2 Listen, Spot, Search
Autonotice secret doors
Favored Class: Wizard

Other Class Features
Nature Sense - +2 Knowledge nature, Survival
Animal Companion - Nagini - Medium Viper
Spontaneous Casting - Summon Nature's Ally
Wild Empathy - +2 to animal reaction check

Character Information

History
The first druids were not elves. They were treants. In the ancient days before anything warm-blooded had thatch roofs, let alone empires, the treants stood in their groves and listened to the wind whispering in their branches, and heard the earth tell secrets to their roots. But as other, faster, shorter-lived species became more powerful and spread over the world, the treants began to realize their shortcomings. They were slow. They were slow -thinking- and that was the hardest to overcome. They were vulnerable. They tried teaching druidism to other races, in hopes that solidarity would form...and it was successful to some extent, but it never caught on enough. The druids simply withdrew and became outsiders to their own kind. So they began using their magic to make up for their shortcomings. The Verdant Order was born. Treant druids in outlying places would send animal messengers to the great groves of the deep high forest. Then they started trading with other humanoids to bring them news, which they could pass on. Then they began inducting druids of other races into the Order itself, to create a sort of network of roving field agents that would send periodic updates to treant groves nearby, which would then repeat the message to another messenger bound to the high forest. The ancient treants there grew so large and slow that they became all but indistinguishable from the towering trees around them. The missives were still shared with them though, and they could memorize it all perfectly. In time they became known as the Memory Trees.

Maighan was born into the Order and grew up in the shadow of the Memory Trees. Despite her love of the deep wood and the denizens there, by the time she was nearly through her apprenticeship she was eager to leave. She'd heard so much about the world beyond, but never experienced it. There were so many dangers, so many things that the Order needed to be aware of, so it could carefully tug things back into balance...ideally without anyone involved being the wiser.

Personality
Despite a long apprenticeship, much of it under creatures even longer-lived and with longer viewpoints than elves, Maighan has a stubborn determination to act that is sometimes mistaken for recklessness by her elders. By human standards, this 'recklessness' only makes her slightly less prone to dithering than most elves. She has a gentle but no-nonsense demeanor, with a quiet sense of humor and a genuine love of small moments of beauty that others commonly overlook. Her anger comes from her protective impulses, and is far easier to rouse in response to threats to others than to herself. Once roused, she can become furious indeed, though has a tendency to be a bit melodramatic when really angry. Maighan also has a deep desire to prove herself to the Order she belongs to, and to live up to their ancient tradition.

Appearance
Maighan is almost quintessentially elven; a slight, graceful woman of surpassing beauty and grace, but of slim and apparently frail build. Her pale skin at times lends her a hard to define ethereal quality, especially when her rich red-auburn hair is let down and streaming behind her in the wind rather than pulled back in a formal, dizzyingly elaborate braid. Her features are at once regal and somewhat childlike; with round cheeks and dimpled smile contrasting with high, proud cheekbones and the steely, green-eyed gaze of one who is all but immortal. When not wearing her armor of cunningly woven leaves, Maighan prefers simple garb in earth tone shades of green and brown, though her cloak is the deep navy blue of the sky at midnight. She carries a sword at her side and a longbow of obviously elven manufacture that is so intricately carved and shaped that it could be an object of art rather than an instrument of destruction.

Equipment

Leather Armor (worn, 15lbs)
Explorer garb (worn, -)

Longsword (belt left, 4lbs)
Belt Pouch (belt right, 1/2lb)
Dagger (Bootstrap, 1lb)

Composite Longbow (left shoulder, 3lbs)
20 arrow Quiver (right shoulder, 3lbs)
Backpack (center back, 2lbs)
Bedroll (below backpack, ??wt)

Headband, Hat, Helmet (head, ??wt)
Lenses or Goggles (eyes, ??wt)
Cloak, Cape, or Mantle (worn, ??wt)
Vest, Vestment, or Shirt (worn, ??wt)
Ring (left ??th finger, -wt)
Ring (right ??th finger, -wt)
Amulet, Brooch, Medallion, or Necklace (worn, ??wt)
Belt (worn, ??wt)
Gloves or Gauntlets (hands, ??wt)
Bracers or Bracelets (wrists, ??wt)
Boots or Slippers (feet, ??wt)
Other minor accessories (location, ??wt)

Waterskin- 1gal water (backpack, 4lbs)
5 Torches (backpack, ??wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, ??wt)
Other backpack contents (backpack, ??wt)

Coins- 5gp
Other pouch contents (pouch, ??wt)[/sblock]

Gantros

Explorer
Might be a little late, but here's a completed character (human druid) if there's still any room.

[sblock=Pardoner Utigman]
Pardoner Utigman
Male Human Druid
Neutral Good

Medium, 5'8", 155 lbs, age 22
brown hair, gray eyes, fair skin

Languages: Common, Druidic, Elven, Sylvan

Str: 13 (+1)
Con: 14 (+2)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Int: 11 (+0)
Wis: 17 (+3)
Cha: 12 (+1)

Hit Points: 10
Initiative: +2
Speed: 6 squares (30 feet)

Defenses

AC: 14 (+2 Dex +2 Armor)
Fort: +4
Ref: +2
Will: +5

Attacks

+1 or -1/-1 Melee, Quarterstaff, damage 1d6+1 or 1d6/1d6, crit x2
+1 Melee or +2 Ranged, Dagger, damage 1d4+1, crit 19-20/x2, range 10'
+2 Ranged, Sling, damage 1d4+1, crit x2, range 50'

Skills

Concentration +6 (4 ranks +2 Con)
Diplomacy +7 (4 ranks +1 Cha +2 Feat)
Handle Animal +2 (1 rank +1 Cha)
Heal +5 (2 ranks +3 Wis)
Knowledge (Nature) +4 (2 ranks +2 Nature Sense)
Sense Motive +7 (2 ranks cross-class +3 Wis +2 Feat)
Spellcraft +1 (1 rank)
Survival +7 (2 ranks +3 Wis +2 Nature Sense)

Feats

Negotiator
Two-Weapon Fighting

Racial Traits and Power

Bonus Feat (1st level)
+4 skill points (1st level)
+1 skill point each level

Other Class Features

Animal Companion - Hawk (named Ikfaldig, tricks: Attack, Come, Down, Fetch, Heel, Seek, Stay)
Nature Sense (+2 to Knowledge (Nature) & Survival skills)
Wild Empathy +2 (+1 level +1 Cha)
Spellcasting - 0 level 3/day, 1st level 2/day
Spontaneous Casting - Summon Nature's Ally
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Information]
History:
Utigman was born in a village of peaceful woodcutters on the northern frontier of the kingdom. He is the eldest son of Lutrur Isudir and his wife Isgrasse. Although they have long since adopted the common tongue and other trappings of civilization, the woodsmen still retain many of the names and traditions of their barbarian ancestors.

The Pardoners are one of these traditions. The villagers still revere the power of nature, and are protected by a secretive and reclusive society of druids they call the Watchers. Every so often, a Watcher will appear to select a promising young villager to take under their wing. After a few years of training, that apprentice returns to their village as a Pardoner. In this role they are called upon by the villagers to settle disputes and pass judgements, and their word is final. The name comes from their ability to pardon those they have passed judgement against and release them from punishment - something the Pardoner will only do if they deem the guilty party to be truly repentant and worthy.

The Watchers typically try to keep one Pardoner in each village to maintain harmony. However, on rare occasions they will select an additional villager of exceptional promise, and train them in the secret druidic arts. Instead of being returned to their village, these individuals are sent out to roam the world, gathering experience and testing their mettle. They still bear the Pardoner's title and can pass judgement when no other is available.

Utigman was enlisted at age 18 by the Watcher Frorfor, who took notice of his keen intuition, calm demeanor, and sound judgment. The day he relinquished his family name was a sad one, but that was balanced by the pride his kin felt on his prestigious selection. After 4 difficult years of training in the deep forest, he was granted his Pardoner's staff and pendant shaped by the druids, and set out toward the settled lands to find his fortune.

Personality:
Utigman has a talent for reading people and sensing their true intent, even when they are unsure of it themselves. He will ask questions persistently until he gets the answer he is looking for, and he has a habit of rubbing his nose or his chin when he thinks someone is lying or skirting the truth. He is courageous, unflappable under pressure, and determined to prove himself.

Utigman is most at home in the woods, but he has enough experience dealing with people to be reasonably at ease in social situations. Though he has a kind heart and won't hesitate to help those in need, he's not one to shy away from a fight when necessary. Sometimes he can be a bit too sure of himself and come across as condescending, which can rub people the wrong way.

Appearance:
Utigman has a fairly unremarkable appearance, though the clear steady gaze of his gray eyes can command attention. He appears fit and healthy, if of slightly smaller stature than is typical of his kin. He wears his curly brown hair long, but despite his years in the forest he still keeps himself clean shaven and relatively well groomed. His clothing and armor is well-maintained, and he favors shades of brown and green.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Quarterstaff (carried, 4wt)
Leather Armor (worn, 15wt)
Explorer's Outfit (worn, 0wt)
Dagger (belt left, 1wt)
Dagger (belt right, 1wt)
Sling (belt rear, 0wt)
Belt Pouch (belt, 0.5wt)
10 Sling Bullets (belt pouch, 5wt)
Holly & mistletoe (belt pouch, 0wt)
Backpack (center back, 2wt)
Bedroll (below backpack, 5wt)
Pardoner's pendant (worn, 0wt)
Waterskin- water (backpack, 4wt)
Hooded Lantern (backpack, 2wt)
Oil- 1 pint (backpack, 1wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, 0wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, 1wt)
Healer's Kit (backpack, 1wt)
Coins- 5gp

Total weight - 42.5 lbs (light load)
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Araciell - it looks like this is the list as it stands so far:

Lance - Fighter
Reejen - Cleric
Calvin - Paladin
Maighan - Druid
Errin - Sorcerer
Arilee - Wizard
Carshen - Bard
Stone - Ranger
Pardoner - Druid

Several other people talked about concepts, but these are the characters that were actually submitted.

kildar

First Post
i am a complete noob hi everybody. and this is pretty much exactly what i was looking for. i have NO idea were to start or what to do really. i don't even know how to add up the stats and what have you. would it be ok if you could let me join and walk me through this and hold my hand till i understand? (no actual hand holding has to ocure*...)

Velmont

First Post
Kildar, have you ever played D&D before (I mean table top, not necesserly by PbP).

For now, you can:

1) Choose what kind of character you want.
2) Create a background that can range from a few lines to a page long or even longer if you feel inspired.
3) Create stats
4) Wait for Araciell to gives some feedback
5) Start to play if you have been chosen

Vertexx69

First Post
Kildar - if you're interested in filling a hole in 1 of the groups, both could really use a roguely type. So read this Rogue :: d20srd.org and see if its to your liking at all. If not, just choose a basic class and copy someone elses character block, then change the numbers as is appropriate for the class you chose. Most of us old timers ;p don't mind helping out someone new.

kildar

First Post
i used a generator for this. i liked it but what other things (besides history which I'm still tweaking) would you like? and how did all of you put your characters into that tab thing? never mind i figured it out sorta.
ok i dont know exactly what city we are starting in so i put capitol city. ill change that if its not the case. and if you see any big holes in his history please let me know. ty.

history:
Vickas grew up in a large elven city right on the trade routes. his father was one of the head guards and his mother was a skilled dressmaker. he grew up middle class but always ran and played with the neighborhood scoundrels and pickpockets that had too steal for a living. there he learned all the tricks of being a thief. Vickas never was a bad child and neither were his friends and they would always try too foul up the thugs around town whenever they could. his father recognizing that his son would never stop being a little theif decided that his son Vickas's skills could be used for the greater good. if given a push in the right direction. decided to put his son in the guard as a "spy". Vickas leaps at the opportunity to not only get professional training to be a rouge but to also to actually do some damage to the thugs and lowlifes that hurt and stole for their own greed. Vickas learned much from his time in the guard and in the gangs that he was sent to and took down (with help from the guards and magistrate). but in time he felt he had done all he could do and learned all he could at his home and decided to head off to the capital to see if he might be able to do some more good elsewhere (and maybe find something that wasn't so boring).

Appearance
Vickas is a of an average height with shoulder length midnight black hair that he usually keeps slightly unkempt. he wears the garbs of a traveler with black slightly baggy pants with a dark green shirt and a black hooded cloak. he to most just looks like a broad chested (most dont relise its just another scrawny elf with leather) traveler with a hunting knife and sword.

Personality
usually well liked by most commoners and lower class. but despite his time blending in with "thugs" and the like he is mostly a pushover and is rarely the leader of the pack. although he has a respect for guards and the like he is always weary of them and hates authority always feeling he can do better than them. even though he usual has the money to get whatever he needs he will almost always steal it if he can get away with it.some of his favorite pastimes are: spying on people, stealing, gossiping and rumor starting, and accidentally tripping pompous guards. he will always choose an indirect fight in his advantage as apposed to a traditional "battle".

[sblock]
Male Elf Rogue 1
Chaotic Good

Strength 12(+1)
Dexterity 19(+4)
Constitution
12(+1)
Intelligence 15(+2)
Wisdom
11(+0)
Charisma 13(+1)
Size:
Medium
Height:
5' 3"
Weight:
115 lb
Skin:
Light
Eyes:
Violet
Hair: Black; Straight; Beardless

Total Hit Points: 7
Speed: 30 feet
Armor Class: 16 = 10 +2 [leather] +4 [dexterity]

• Touch AC: 14
    Flat-footed: 12
Initiative modifier:+4 = +4 [dexterity] Fortitude save:+1 = 0 [base] +1 [constitution] Reflex save:+8 = 2 [base] +4 [dexterity] +2 [lightning reflexes] Will save:+0 = 0 [base] Attack (handheld):+1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength] Attack (unarmed):+1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength] Attack (missile):+4 = 0 [base] +4 [dexterity] Grapple check:+1 = 0 [base] +1 [strength]

Light load:
43 lb. or less
Medium load:44-86 lb.
Heavy load:87-130 lb.
Lift over head:130 lb.
Lift off ground:260 lb.
Push or drag:650 lb.

Languages:Common Elven Gnome Orc
Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing] (worn on right hip and hidden on person)
Dart [1d4, crit x2, range inc. 20 ft., 1/2 lb, piercing] (worn in sleeves)
Short Sword [1d6, crit 19-20/x2, 1 lb, light, piercing] (worn on left hip/belt)
Hand Crossbow [1d4, 19-20/x2, range incr 30 ft., 2 lb., piercing] (hidden in small of back)
Leather armor [light; +2 AC; max dex +6; check penalty 0; 15 lb.] (only wears torso of leather armor)

Feats:
Lightning Reflexes

Traits:
Skill Name Key
Ability
Skill
Modifier
Ability
Modifier
Ranks Misc.
Modifier
Appraise Int 3 = +2 +1
Balance Dex* 4 = +4

Bluff Cha 3 = +1 +2
Climb Str* 2 = +1 +1
Concentration Con 1 = +1

Craft_1 Int 2 = +2

Craft_2 Int 2 = +2

Craft_3 Int 2 = +2

Diplomacy Cha 3 = +1 +2
Disable Device Int 6 = +2 +4
Disguise Cha 3 = +1 +2
Escape Artist Dex* 7 = +4 +3
Forgery Int 2 = +2

Gather Information Cha 3 = +1+2
Heal Wis 0 = +0

Hide Dex* 7 = +4 +3
Intimidate Cha 1 = +1

Jump Str* 3 = +1 +2
Listen Wis 4 = +0 +2 +2 [elf] Move Silently Dex* 8 = +4 +4
Open Lock Dex 7 = +4 +3
Perform_1 Cha 1 = +1

Perform_2 Cha 1 = +1

Perform_3 Cha 1 = +1

Perform_4 Cha 1 = +1

Perform_5 Cha 1 = +1

Ride Dex 4 = +4

Search Int 6 = +2 +2 +2 [elf] Sense Motive Wis 2 = +0 +2
Sleight of Hand Dex* 6 = +4 +2
Spot Wis 3 = +0 +1 +2 [elf] Survival Wis 0 = +0

Swim Str** 1 = +1

Tumble Dex* 6 = +4 +2
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4

Elf:

• [*]+2 dexterity / -2 constitution (already included)
    [*]Immune to magical sleep
    [*]+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments
    [*]Low-light vision
    [*]Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow
    [*]+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks
    [*]Notice secret doors

Rogue:

• [*]Sneak Attack +1d6
    [*]Trapfinding
    [*]Evasion (level 2)
    [*]Trap Sense (level 3)
    [*]Uncanny Dodge (level 4)
    [*]Improved Uncanny Dodge (level 8)
    [*]Special Abilities (choices begin at 10th level)

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Rogue 6

Vickas's Equipment:
lbs Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
2 lb Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10) x2 (worn on chest accessible throw hidden slits in shirt )
2 lb Backpack (worn on back)
5 lb Bedroll (top of pack)
2 lb Caltrops (inside pouch)
2 lb Pouch x3 (on belt)
5 lb
Rations (1 day) x5
10 lb Rope (50', hempen) x1 (on outside of pack under bedroll)
1 lb Whetstone
8 lb Disguise kit
1 lb Thieves' tools (in pouches)

____

Total 58 lbs
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Araciell

First Post
Okay so I am officially closing the casting call as it were. The parties I have chosen to force you into (hehehe) are as follows:

Group A
Lance - Fighter
Reejen - Cleric
Arilee - Wizard
Carshen - Bard
Stone - Ranger

Group 1
Pardoner - Druid
Vickas - Rogue
Calvin - Paladin
Maighan - Druid
Errin - Sorcerer

If anyone has any suggestions or comments about this, I am open to suggestions, but I feel that these offer the best mix for balanced parties.

Also, Kildar welcome. If you have not played D&D before this is actually a great game for you to be in, as my style of play is a lot more based on roleplaying than knowing rules. Basically I will do most of the rules-sided stuff for the players, which means all you need to do is tell me what you want to do. I am currently working on transcribing your character sheet to the format I like, and would ask that you include some information on where your character comes from. It isn't necessary that you write me a novel, but if you have some idea of who he is, I would like to know :)

All those characters listed have been accepted and I am currently working on incorporating all of your backgrounds into the setting in a very loose sense. Look for more posts tomorrow when I am prepared.

kildar

First Post
ok so i have a history now (edited into my other post). i hope its good enough. so yeah. just popping this in in case you don't notice the edit.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads