D&D 3.5: North by Northwest, or The Dead of Winter [Full]

Phyrrus

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
Phyrrus: Is bearlord a PrC from one of the Complete books? If it is, that's not going to work out (I don't own or plan to buy any of the 3.5 classbooks), but the base concept could work very well. The question that we'd need to answer would be: Why would he be on an expedition into the far north to reclaim the elf and dwarf homelands?

Nick

With him being an outcast among his own kind, he has to survive somehow and while his manners may not be enough for the high courts, they are enough to earn him a position as hired help. For the price of his services, he can give a group a powerful combatant and outdoor guide. It is just dealing with his moods at first that may make the others wish someone else had been hired.

Also, with the fact that it is in the Complete books, I am more than willing to switch it over to Frostrager if the situation presents itself to meet the freezing requirements.

But I am more than willing to switch over completely and go with a more traditional melee class that fits easier into the pattern.

Hi Nick
I'll play a simple human fighter, adventurer.
who wants to get rich and sees an oppurtunity in this mission.
Where do you want me to post him, any RG for the characters ?

Roy.

Fenris

Adventurer
Alright, I'll put in for Swamp Dwarf Rogue out to reclaim his native home.

KL
[sblock] I haven't decided how to approach him yet. Would the UA variant where I give up Sneak Attack for Fighter Feats be acceptable? pg 58 UA. Might fit a dwarf better. But feel free to say No. And feel free to offer suggestions ;) [/sblock]

Eluvan

First Post
Mmmmm... yes please. :D

I'd love to play a High Elf in this game... I always have been a big fan of the more fey-heavy interpretations of elves. I'm thinking a Cleric, with the conceptual focus resting on the lore. I see him as a historian and researcher, who's jumped at the chance to do some field work in the ancestral lands and perhaps even to make his own contribution to his race's history.

Also, I'd be happy to take responsibility for tracking the party's pooled resources. :)

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Phyrrus: Sounds good. As for the class, I want you to play what you want to play, and Hobgoblin Brb is fine. And Frostrager would be a fine goal.

Lord_Raven88: Excellent.

Strahd: Good enough. Post him here first. I'll open up the RG when characters have been approved.

Fenris: I think you answered your question by yourself, but, just in case, no, they just have simple weapons and light armor. And if you want to play that variant, yes. As a matter of fact, we could even hard code it as a house rule/racial tendency.

Eluvan: Yeah, me, too, so that sounds great to me. Use the gods in the PHB.

Okay, so here's what I've got for a roster so far:

1. Phyrrus, Hobgoblin Brb
2. Lord_Raven88
3. Strahd, Human Ftr
4. Fenris, Swamp Dwarf Rog
5. Eluvan, High Elf Clr

We still need at least one player, and we need a Mag or Sor. I will recruit until we hit 8 players, with the last two volunteers filling in alternate slots. Players in alternate slots might need to play specific classes, so waiting to generate a character is probably best.

Also, if anyone's thinking of playing a Rgr, you should know what the monster pallette is for your favored enemy: demons/devils, fey, giants, humanoid cultists, prehistoric animals, undead, and aberrations native to cold lands. This isn't to say that we'll not use other types of monsters, just that the encounters will be heavily tilted towards these.

Nick

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Thanee: Sure, those would work really well. And that brings something up that I should have mentioned. I will entertain just about anything that's on the main WotC D&D website for free, so ask and we'll see what we can do.

1. Phyrrus, Hobgoblin Brb
2. Lord_Raven88
3. Strahd, Human Ftr
4. Fenris, Swamp Dwarf Rog
5. Eluvan, High Elf Clr
6. Thanee, Human/Canis Kobold Sor/Mag

Still looking for two alternates...

Nick

Phyrrus

First Post
KL: Does this mean I get to look forward to almost dying by a spell to qualify for the PrC..:)

All in all, I will start prepping him, and soon one grappling beserker will be amongst the midst.

Remove ads