• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5] War of the Burning Sky [OOC] [Closed]

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah......little utility magic for us, and no healing beyond my occasional use of Martial Spirit, Crusader's Strike, etc. (and later, Vital Recovery for myself), which will only slightly help me stay alive and maybe help someone else in a pinch (it'll only be a little bit of healing......of course I'll be doing my level best to keep enemies trained on me....).

I won't be a major damage-dealer, though, most of the time. I'll be focusing on maneuvers, stances, and feats that let me catch enemies in melee, interfere witih them bugging anyone else in melee, and keeping myself alive while I dish out minor or decent beats. And a few maneuvers that help allies beat on stuff. So basically encouraging any support warriors to stand up front with me and wail on stuff. I am tank, here me roar! j/k :lol:

I still have to look over the player's guide, but I'll have at least some stats and basic description up sometime on Tuesday or early Wednesday. Sleep now, sheet later.

renau1g

First Post
Any PCs who play KotAC will start as Squires.

renau1g: Your idea sounds great. I'm assuming you mean your PC will be a member of the Knights who then goes an infiltrates other organizations, not someone who infiltrated the Knights. Which would be cool, too, just not what I'm expecting.

It looks like we've got a pretty good party shaping up. No traditional magic, but that should actually make things more interesting at higher levels. The onyl thing we really seem to need is a cleric.

My PC would infiltrate other groups for the knights, he'd be a face-type character with some martial training.Without a magic-type PC maybe he'd need to pick up some UMD skills :)

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
If the party doesn't have any significant healing, I'd probably allow wands of ___ Vigor, since they're such a cost-effective way to provide out-of-combat healing. It still won't cover things like the defensive buffing and in-combat castings of Heal, though.

concerro

Explorer
Interested

I would like to play a psion and then go into the prestige class from ComPsi that allows me to have more power over constructs. I will be posting my character sheet on http://www.thetangledweb.net. If you don't want to make an account to be able to view it I can just use a standard word format and email it to you unless you know another site that hosts character sheet.

I have yet to read the players guide. I pretty much have to find an old character sheet to have this character again. After I read the guide I will do the background story. I will play the mid-level(power wise) version. If that is to much I can still power it down.

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
concerro: Your build idea is fine. Note that I'm using all of the errata in CPsi except for the ridiculous DR-effecting-powers stuff. I'm not sure what you mean by picking a power level. Every PC starts at 2nd level with wealth appropriate for 2nd level characters, if that's what you mean. Putting your character sheet up on thetangledweb should be fine

Jemal: Some divine spellcasting would certainly help the party.

Right now it looks like we have the following:
Arkhandus - elven crusader
magic_gathering2001 - (something) commander (WotBSPG)
Lucien505 - air goblin warlock/binder
renau1g - (something) rogue/swordsage
concerro - (something) psion (summoner)
Jemal - druid or divine soul

Since PbP's can lose people over time, I wouldn't mind starting with 6 PCs, or maybe even 7 if someone else is interested. If everyone is not already doing so, start building your characters. It definitely looks like we have enough interest to get started soon.

Jemal

Adventurer
your original post says spells are core only, but later you mentioned vigor. Could I take Lesser Vigor as a spell or not? OR maybe a wand of it to help out with between-fight healing?

concerro

Explorer
concerro: Your build idea is fine. Note that I'm using all of the errata in CPsi except for the ridiculous DR-effecting-powers stuff. I'm not sure what you mean by picking a power level. Every PC starts at 2nd level with wealth appropriate for 2nd level characters, if that's what you mean. Putting your character sheet up on thetangledweb should be fine

What DR affecting powers? I guess I have some homework to do.

Power level is basically optimization level. In other words how well the PC is built, but if you are telling me about DR powers that I don't know about I guess I might need to step my game up instead of stepping down.

PS: I want to play an Elan. If that is not ok I will go human.

Rhun

First Post
I'd like to try a rogue/swordsage

Just because you've seen how cool my rogue/swordsage is in your RHoD game doesn't mean you can steal my build! :D LOL.

To pneumatik:

I'd be interested in playing an arcane caster of some sort, likely a wizard. Complete Mage and Complete Arcane are acceptable sources, correct? Also, please note, I have limited access the next few days, so I likely wouldn't have a complete build until next week. I'd hate to miss out on this game, though.

If you place any emphasis on reliability of players, you can look at my track record. I've never dropped a game in the 4+ years I've been a member here, I'm a frequent poster, and I'm running two long-term games of my own.

Remove ads