• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5e: Retired & Bored

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel takes his attack of opportunity on the dragon (He flew away and my weapon has a 10' reach)

"GET BACK HERE YOU COWARD!!" Daniel rushes forward geting as close as he can to the dragon (And away from the others so they're not all in close proximity for a fireball or breath weapon)

G

Guest 11456

Oops! Sorry about that miscalculation on my part, Pyrex. Also, Thergan and the elemental get attacks of oppurtunity. As does Daniel. I'll change the post and reroll the MM damage in your favor, Pyrex.

G

Guest 11456

Elrick moves to the doorway.

Ghannellis chases after the dragon, but finds it has gone back into the air.

Thergan chases after the dragon.

Daniel chases after the dragon.

Vannyn moves to the doorway, casts his spell and five glowing missiles spring from his fingers and crash into the beast with no effect.

The elemental charges after the dragon and attacks but does no damage.

Dargo moves to the doorway, casts his spell and five glowing missiles shoot from his fingers and strike the beast with no effect.

Snaps stays with Vannyn.

Armand moves to the doorway and aims another beam at the beast. The dragon is bathed in the beam. (27 total damage against dragon)

Next round:

The dragon falls out of the sky to the ground dead once more. Ghannellis, Thergan, and Daniel jump out of the way and are not crushed by the body hitting the ground.

End of Combat!

Wrahn

First Post
Thergan roars as the dragon falls and chases it down, hacking at it over and over until the rage fades. Finally his senses return to him, his breath comes in ragged breaths, finally he speaks, "Everyone okay?"

Thels

First Post
Armand moves in closer and fires his remaining sunbeams at the fallen dragon, just to be on the sure side. "I'm fine.", he replies to Thergan. "Unlike mr. dragon over here. I wonder who animated him."

Pyrex

First Post
Vannyn, Diviner 14, 42[+20] of 72hp

Vannyn moves over to examine the dragon, making sure it's dead.

"His fireball got me good, but I'll live. I suggest we set about finding his phylactery immediately. He could reform in as little as 24 hours if we don't stop him.

As for who's responsible, I would place Celine at the top of the list of likely suspects."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo will administer healing to any of those in need, using his attack clerical spells first to heal, then other spells.

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel whirls to face Vannyn "Celine would not do such a thing to us!" he roars at his friend, then reins himself in and quiets.. "I, I am sorry, Vannyn, but.. She wouldn't betray us like that!" He turns away for a moment to hide the pain on his face at remembering,and walks over to the edge of the hole, glaring down into it. "Where would the beast be hiding his Phylactery?" He asks, not turning around.

OOC: If there's no objections, I was thinking Daniel and Celine used to have a relationship, it makes for some good, fun roleplaying opportunities. :D

Inez Hull

First Post
Ghannellis's voice is still raw and bloodlust still gleams in his eyes as he moves over to his friends, still panting with exertion, "We are not as young or as fit as we once were." Looking at Daniel his features soften. "The dragon knew her name. Given the rumours we've heard about her 'undead' nature, I think it likely that she was behind this."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads