• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

Scotley

Hero
"Way to go!" Rogash shouts as the Moth swarm that had been so detrimental is destroyed. He adavances (to K11) and sends a bolt (1d20+14=33) hurtling into one of the lesser puddings (8) where it hits (1d8+8=13) making a squishing sound.

[sblock]
Deft Strike
KEYWORDS:Martial, Weapon
USEDStandardACTION
Melee or Ranged weapon
RANGE 16
One creature
vs AC DEFENSE
Requirement: You must be wielding a crossbow, a light blade, or a sling.
Special: You can move 2 squares before the attack.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier (+5) damage.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Dexterity modifier (+5) at 21st level.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

As Dyspeer yipes in the black pudding's grip, Shai turns a newfound fury on the pudding. He slides his warhammer home in its place at his belt, then rips away at his hide armor. No, at his own hide, ripping free his own flesh as if it were no more than the thinnest parchment. In the man's place stands a roaring bear, a collar of obsidian bone, raven feathers, and blue beads adorning its neck.

The bear tears into the pudding with vicious ferocity, and in the distraction, Dyspeer rips his own way free of the creature's grip.

[sblock=OOC]Free Action: Wildshape (quick wildshape feat)
Minor action: sheathe warhammer
Move action: Dyspeer Escape attempt:

Escape attempt (Athletics vs. Fort) (1d20+8=28) And again, Dyspeer seems blessed by some otherworldly force. Go him and his natural 20.

Standard action: Blood spray bite.

[sblock=Power Card]Attack: Wis vs. Fort
Hit: 2d10 + Wis mod (+4) damage, and you push each enemy adjacent to you, other than the target, 2 squares
Totem of the Night +3: +12 attack, 2d10+7 damage[/sblock]

Blood spray bite attack; damage (1d20+12=21, 2d10+7=20)

Since the pudding was the quarry last round, I don't believe I have to 're-declare.' In that case:

Quarry damage (2d8=10)

30 damage total if he hits, both the little puddings are pushed away 2 squares (I assume the swarm's aura doesn't make it count as adjacent. If it does, that's pushed, too), and since Boar Assault was used previously, Shai also gains 4 temp hit points if he hit.

[sblock=Powers used]At end of this round:
Encounter: Tundra Wind, Beast Rush, Second Wind, Blood-spray bite
Daily: Blood of the Fallen, Boar Assault
Surges(used/total): 1/10 (Shai) 1/2 (Dyspeer)

Consumable used: Thunderstone[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Caerwyn stands up again, but he takes a moment to catch his breath.

[sblock=OOC]

Move: Stand
Minor: Divine Challenge Black Pudding 2
Standard: Second Wind (+25 hp & +2 defenses TSNT)

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Caerwyn Thingol Male Human Paladin|Barbarian/Gray Guard 11
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: normal
AC:28, Fort:25, Reflex:22, Will:23
HP:47/100, Bloodied:50, Surge Value:25, Surges left:9/11
Action Points: 0
Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Howling Strike
Challenging Strike
Enfeebling Strike

Avalanche Strike
Strength from Valor
Curtain of Steel
Debilitating Smite
Virtue
Shrug it Off
Amulet of Life +2

Blood of the Mighty
Thunder Hawk Rage
Stoneroot Rage
Vengeful Vigilance
Rampaging Slayer's Gloves
Hunter's Flint

Conditions: Resist 5 damage until end of encounter

Full sheet: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5190500-post7.html [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
Still waiting on Friadoc for Buurt's actions. I'll NPC with an at-will attack if we don't hear from him soon.

So far this round, the only damage that has been done is from Rogash killing the lesser pudding. Other that that, not much has happened.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
As Buurt moves laterally he brings his crossbow to bear down on the moth swarm, his eyes focused, his feet fleeting, and all seems well and good, until something in it goes awry. Maybe his feet stumbled on a pebble, maybe a muscle spasmed, or sweet dripped in his eyes, but his shot goes amiss of the target, poorly amiss.

[sblock=OOC]
Actions:
Standard: Attacks on the Run - Daily - Attacks on the Run; AotR Dmg;Hunter's Quarry Dmg (1d20+15=16, 3d8+8=24, 2d8=8) - Well frak me!
Move to I7
Sorry for the delay, it's just been a busy end of the Summer for me, between work and freelancing and school.[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Okay, the update is ready to go, but there are a couple of things that you guys might want to address before I post it.

First: Uulark's Shield of Faith power is a minor action (as per the rules update). That means Uulark still has a move action and a standard action left to spend.

Second: Talashia is still grabbed by the pudding. I assume that Shayuri not spending a move action to attempt an escape was an oversight due to frustration over the natural 1, so here's a chance to fix it.

I'll post the update sometime tomorrow afternoon to give you guys time.
[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Uulark uses his Lance of Faith at-will against the pudding Talashia is fighting.

Lance of Faith against "Talashia's" pudding (1d20+5=8, 1d8+5=13)

Uulark's "Lance" hits hard, but misses the pudding.

(OOC: It's still a miss, but for future references you need to be aware that Uulark's attack bonus breaks down as: Ability mod + 1/2 level + weapon/implement enhancement. In this case, it'd be +12 instead of +5. I think the only way an 11th level character will attack at a +5 is if a wizard tries to punch someone in the nose... Which might happen if Uulark keeps trying to lance Talashia's pudding.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads