[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Scotley]I originally thought you had CA from you and Talashia flanking, but looking at the last map, Talashia was one square away rather than adjacent. If you've got CA from something else that I'm not seeing then the damage will apply, otherwise no dice.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Scotley]I originally thought you had CA from you and Talashia flanking, but looking at the last map, Talashia was one square away rather than adjacent. If you've got CA from something else that I'm not seeing then the damage will apply, otherwise no dice.[/sblock]

[sblock=IG]We intended to flank, but I guess we didn't quite get it right. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

Uulark again uses his Lance of Faith at-will against the bear, granting Caerwyn a +2 power bonus to his next attack against it.

OOC: Sorry, the second roll is U's lance of faith damage (14hp), not attack. the attack is vs. reflex and is the 20.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The warrior recovers after the brutal mauling at the hands of the dire bear, with a tremendous effort and roar of triumph, Caerwyn tackles the bear and wrestles the beast to the ground.

He then takes advantage of the opening to deliver a brutal overhead chop of his deadly blade, leaving a vicious, bleeding wound on the predator. Caerwyn then takes sees the ettin assaulting his friends and rushes over full speed, his sudden appearance drawing the foes attention.

[sblock=OOC]
*IG - I believe Caerwyn's hp should be 66/100 after the mauling from the bear...

Free: Thunder Hawk Rage Attackvs fort (1d20+17=37) crit...too bad this one doesn't do damage :( knocks the bear prone
Standard: Debilitating Smite on Bear - vs ac; dmg (1d20+17+2=38, 2d12+10=13) Crit as well! (Jagged weapons crit on 19-20) so hits for 36 (incl. high crit) & Ongoing 10 damage (save ends). Also the bear is dazed and slowed until end of my next turn. If the target makes an attack before then, it is dazed until the end of its next turn.
high crit (1d12=4)
Free Action: Rampage - vs ac; dmg (rampage attack +4 dmg from gloves) (1d20+17+2=38, 1d12+10+4=25) ... wow...another crit?!?!?! Ok so as a free action on the hit Activate Rampaging Slayer's Gloves - +2d12 on rampage attack. Hits for 50 + high crit (1d12=5) so 55 more. <- never mind...rampage only works on barbarian attack powers... still, 3 crits in one round is pretty crazy. I left this in case you saw another roll on IC.
Move: move to AD 24
Minor: mark the ettin

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Caerwyn Thingol Male Human Paladin|Barbarian/Gray Guard 11
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: normal
AC:28, Fort:25, Reflex:22, Will:23
HP:66/100 hp, Bloodied:50, Surge Value:25, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used
Powers:
Howling Strike
Challenging Strike
Enfeebling Strike

Avalanche Strike
Strength from Valor
Curtain of Steel
Debilitating Smite
Virtue
Shrug it Off
Amulet of Life +2

Blood of the Mighty
Thunder Hawk Rage
Stoneroot Rage
Vengeful Vigilance
Rampaging Slayer's Gloves
Hunter's Flint

Conditions: none

Full sheet: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5190500-post7.html [/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: Will post my AoO presently, but noticed you gave the bear an AoO against Shai for his charge. I thought it was dazed until it could make its save this round? No worries either way, just still trying to get my head around 4e mechanics and order and such

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, druidic human ranger

OOC: Actually, I though CA vs. the Ettin was from Uulark's Spiritual Weapon? I applied that to Shai's roll, as well. If that doesn't apply, it's actually a 29.

The bull that was Shai rears up as the Ettin calls forth its swarm, hooves battering at the creature's hide.

[sblock=action]Opportunity Attack: Pounce:

Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage. The
target grants combat advantage to the next
creature that attacks it before the end of your
next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Encounter: Action point, Beast Rush, Synchronized Strike, Savage Rend
Surges used / per day: 1/10 [/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Will post my AoO presently, but noticed you gave the bear an AoO against Shai for his charge. I thought it was dazed until it could make its save this round? No worries either way, just still trying to get my head around 4e mechanics and order and such

OOC: Actually, I though CA vs. the Ettin was from Uulark's Spiritual Weapon? I applied that to Shai's roll, as well. If that doesn't apply, it's actually a 29.

OOC: I suppose I need to do a better job of keeping things coherent. Caerwyn dazed the bear, and the bear saved during the same update. I put the note in the status block for my own information, but forgot to take it out after the save.

As for Uulark granting CA--yeah, I forgot about that. That was a couple of rounds ago though, I think... Leif, how long does that ability last?

Also, I don't think Shai can use Pounce as an OA. Opportunity attacks are melee basic attacks, and the description for Pounce says it can only be used as a melee basic attack when charging.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

OOC: Spiritual Weapon (Spear) grants CA to allies as long as I sustain it. It's a Sustain Minor, so Uulark would have definitely kept that going. Even though I've forgotten to roll the attacks for it in succeeding rounds, OOOPS. It's d20+10 attack for d10+5 damage.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Sputtering indignantly, Talashia climbs out of the water onto shore, slapping her arms to try to warm them from the numbing chill of necrotic energy. Sparks of lightning pop and sizzle over her hair and crawl down her arms, then lance out from her fingers at the giant!

(Actions: Move to AJ27. Attack.)
(Note - To ht roll does not include CA...not sure if that applies at range. If so, add 2 to the roll.)

Last edited:

Remove ads