[D&D 4e] IG's "Those Left Behind, Chapter 4(e)"

jkason

First Post
OOC: I suppose I need to do a better job of keeping things coherent. Caerwyn dazed the bear, and the bear saved during the same update. I put the note in the status block for my own information, but forgot to take it out after the save.
OOC:

Ah! Coolness. Knew I was missing something. I hadn't thought about the fact the bear got a save on its turn before Shai.

Also, I don't think Shai can use Pounce as an OA. Opportunity attacks are melee basic attacks, and the description for Pounce says it can only be used as a melee basic attack when charging.

Ack. I totally missed that. Now that I'm getting a better handle on 4e, I'm realizing I probably should have made Savage Rend my at-will and Pounce the encounter power, since it looks like Rend doesn't have the same restriction to melee basic use.

I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure how to calculate Shai's melee basic attack in beast form, then. I think the attack would be a +11, since he can't benefit from weapons and can only use the totem on druid powers. Damage would be 1d4+4 (Unarmed strike with only the strength bonus)? Do you want me to reroll, or should we just modify the existing rolls (-3 to the attack and half the damage)?

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ignore...I misread. Sorry :(

Savage rend is your melee basic attack in beast form.

Savage Rend

You rake your foe with your claws, setting it up for the kill.

At-Will Beast Form, Implement, Primal
Standard Action Melee touch

Target: One creature

Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier damage, and you slide the target 1 square.
Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier damage.

Special: This power can be used as a melee basic attack.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]*headdesk* I'm blind. I promise I looked over the sheet. I kept looking at 'attack workspace' and 'damage workspace' and somehow managed to completely not notice the 'Basic Attacks' in giant letters right underneath that. Rolling as soon as I post.[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
Buurt, having caught the wind that was knocked from him, weaves his way down the battlefield and rapidly launches a pair of bolts at the Ettin.

"The last time I saw something that fiercely ugly was when I looked down while making water last night," says Buurt in the giantish tongue. "Although you're definitely smaller."

[sblock=OOC]
Free: Furious Assault (Encounter) - addition 1W to attack
Minor: Apply Hunter's Quarry (At Will) to Ettin
Move: To AH23 from AA23
Standard: Attacks on the Run (Daily) - Two attacks at +15 Attack, 3d8+8+1d8
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Longtooth Shifter Cleric of Sehanine L11

OOC: Everyone is remembering to add the CA bonus [+2] due to Uulark's spiritual weapon (spear), aren't you?

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC: Everyone is remembering to add the CA bonus [+2] due to Uulark's spiritual weapon (spear), aren't you?

OOC: Nope, I totally forgot. So that makes my attacks 25 and 20, respectively. Also, unless I used it (I'll go back and check) this encounter, I also have a 3d8 sneak attack bonus to damage in there that I can throw on my first attack if it hits.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Friadoc, Friadoc, Friadoc. I knew somebody would screw it up! ;) I want everyone to get good mileage from these buffs, because that's about the only good Uulark is during a fight! :p

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Nope, I totally forgot. So that makes my attacks 25 and 20, respectively. Also, unless I used it (I'll go back and check) this encounter, I also have a 3d8 sneak attack bonus to damage in there that I can throw on my first attack if it hits.

Unfortunately, they both miss.

Remove ads