• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D 5e Basic Set: Things that make you go "what?!"

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Scythe will likely appear later I am sure (PHB or some splat book).

As for multiclassing.....houserule the requirements away. Problem solved.

In this week's L&L is clearly stated that the equipment chapter in the basic rules includes the full content of the equipment chapter in the phb. I was already eager to oversee the absence of one or two beloved weapons of mine I'm sure aren't popular (sap?), but the scythe is about the coolest peasant weapon. Now I know this tends to be the signature weapon of death deities, but I at least expected it to be in the core.

As for multiclassing, of course I plan to delete those lines whenever I DM, but that only solves the problem when I DM not when I play and as I have already stated, I only get to be a player when playing with random strangers in the internet (or conventions/official events), and unlike here where I feel mostly comfortable speaking my mind out, I tend to be more shy and I don't feel comfortable getting (or seeking) special treatment.

Sadrik

First Post
I have a 3 DEX, I wear chainmail, I suffer no AC penalty to my AC from DEX. I think this one will get a lot of heat over the next years. Old one leg just needs some heavy armor and he'll be alright.

Chaltab

Explorer
The new Great Weapon Fighter mechanic is needlessly busy. I've never been fond of mechanics that let you reroll damage dice in any edition. STR Mod damage on a miss was a lot easier for the DM and player to implement and it's kind of baffling they put the more complicated mechanic in the basic set.

tsalla

First Post
Point buy went to 27 points total, and there is no more option to buy attribute level 16.

True, but with racial bonuses it is pretty easy to start with a 16 or 17 regardless. Two Ability Score Increases later (8th level, or 6th for the fighter) and you are at a score of 20, the maximum you will ever have for that score without magical enhancement.

Remove ads