D&D 5E D&D and Chain Restaurants: The Poll

If D&D 5e Was a Chain Restaurant, What One Would It Be (Please Describe in the Comments)

• 1. McDonalds. It's everywhere.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • 2. Chipotle. So good you overlook the occasional food poisoning.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 3. Cheesecake Factory. I trust in the Snarf.

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • 4. Cracker Barrel. It has rocking chairs for the grognards.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 5. Taco Bell. It's amazing if you don't think about what goes into it.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 6. Outback Steakhouse. No rules, just right.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 7. Denny's. It might be terrible, but you're there at 3am.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 8. Olive Garden. When you need to settle. And want breadsticks.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 9. OTHER. Put in your choice, and why for MAXIMUM DEREK.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Poll closed .

jasper

Rotten DM
Since there is no Waffle House, I voted Denny's. It is hard to mess up breakfast food. Everyone likes it and you can have it for supper. Even when it is not great, it is fine and you know what you are getting since the menu does not change.

Wow, it's been 25 years since I had Waffle House. :cry: Still want me some smothered, covered, chunked, cow, pig, ran over, dipped.

View attachment 132995
Found the lizard person in human skin.

Aldarc

Legend
I voted for Olive Garden. It often fails at being "authentic" Italian food, but it often is the one of the most accessible forms and means of first exposure to Italian cuisine for a number of Americans, particularly those who live in smaller towns. Plus, "when you're here, you're family."

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I voted for Olive Garden. It often fails at being "authentic" Italian food, but it often is the one of the most accessible forms and means of first exposure to Italian cuisine for a number of Americans, particularly those who live in smaller towns. Plus, "when you're here, you're family."

Oh man! I totally forgot about that.

I swear ... I continually confuse Olive Garden and the Fast and Furious Franchise.

I think I'm getting breadsticks and pasta, and end up with Dom and Hobbs giving each other the stink eye.

Aldarc

Legend
Oh man! I totally forgot about that.

I swear ... I continually confuse Olive Garden and the Fast and Furious Franchise.

I think I'm getting breadsticks and pasta, and end up with Dom and Hobbs giving each other the stink eye.
To be fair, IME "being family" at Olive Garden means fighting over the breadsticks and the salad and rules lawyering with the waiter whether the "unlimited breadsticks and salad" are really unlimited.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
D&D is the papas & mamas delicatessen on you block! So many editions to choose from for the same game. Great menu! ;)

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
To be fair, IME "being family" at Olive Garden means fighting over the breadsticks and the salad and rules lawyering with the waiter whether the "unlimited breadsticks and salad" are really unlimited.
that is a lot of words to just as "like family".
D&D is the papas & mamas delicatessen on you block! So many editions to choose from for the same game. Great menu! ;)
what is a delicatessen?

glass

(he, him)
Somewhat limited in that I'm only familiar with McDonalds on that list, so I voted that!
Ditto. There is a Taco Bell on the Fulham Road IIRC that I have passed a few times, but I have never been inside.

EDIT: We could have gone "Other" but I cannot think of a chain resturant that fits better. I might have said Frankie and Benny's, but I seem to recall from a recent conversation elsewhere that that is not actually an American chain and D&D is definitely American.

_
glass.

Remove ads