D&D 5E D&D and Chain Restaurants: The Poll

If D&D 5e Was a Chain Restaurant, What One Would It Be (Please Describe in the Comments)

• 1. McDonalds. It's everywhere.

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • 2. Chipotle. So good you overlook the occasional food poisoning.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 3. Cheesecake Factory. I trust in the Snarf.

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • 4. Cracker Barrel. It has rocking chairs for the grognards.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 5. Taco Bell. It's amazing if you don't think about what goes into it.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 6. Outback Steakhouse. No rules, just right.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 7. Denny's. It might be terrible, but you're there at 3am.

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • 8. Olive Garden. When you need to settle. And want breadsticks.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 9. OTHER. Put in your choice, and why for MAXIMUM DEREK.

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Poll closed .

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Voted Other, because 5e is Starbucks.

1) Ubiqiutous within its niche. There are other coffee places, even popular coffee chains, but Starbucks is everywhere. Just like 5e within the TTRPG space.
2) Mainly offers one thing, but a ton of modularity within the space that it offers. 5e mainly supports one particular play style (DM focused story play), but gives you a ton of options within that space.
3) You can go to Starbucks for 2 min, or you can go for 5 hours (pre-COVID, anyway). Likewise, 5e works well for both extreme casuals and for dedicated TTRPGers.
4) Starbucks both helped originate its niche (upscale coffee place) and remains the leader within its space, again much like D&D as a whole.
I want to add a 5th to this
5) Within the craft coffee business Starbucks completely and utterly dominates, but within the coffee business they are a very distant 3rd (IIRC).

BEHOLD!

0148663.jpg

The Turducken!

Also pictured? Some kind of food ... stuffed turkey, maybe?
Tangent time: the Romans (ya know, in Italy) used to do something similar: a chicken in goose in a pig in a cow.

Of course, that would feed a whole neighborhood, not just four people.

J-H

Hero
Chick Fil A - because whatever concept you build within the rules, you can do it with extreme speed, you know it'll work fairly well... and the game is fun to DM as well as play, so you're more likely to have conversations like:
Player: Thanks for DMing!
DM: My pleasure!

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Well, (a) that’s everywhere not just America; and (b) the shops came before the supermarkets.
look I have never seen a delicatesent I think they died of around me aside for a deli counter as that has the rest of the shop to support it.
I know thing predates the supermarket just most of those things have nearly died out from the competition.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
LOL I can't believe you actually bothered making a poll!

It's official, I have definitely wasted too much time here and need to find more constructive things to do with my free time. :)

Remove ads