D&D and the rising pandemic

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Our local hardware store is only allowing a certain number of people in the store at a time. Many grocery stores are also doing this.

My local Whole Foods is doing this. You can only go in when someone comes out. Until then, you are outside in line, standing far apart.

The Mayor of Boston has called for all residents to wear at least cloth masks when out in public - not to protect themselves (cloth masks don't really do a good job of that) but to maybe slow down asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic spread. No numbers on how effective this is expected to be.

The Mayor of Boston has called for all residents to wear at least cloth masks when out in public - not to protect themselves (cloth masks don't really do a good job of that) but to maybe slow down asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic spread. No numbers on how effective this is expected to be.

I don't see this as being any more effective at keeping people from spreading it as it is keeping them from catching it.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Especially in light of how many clusters around the world have been linked directly to worship services or ancillary gatherings centered around those houses of faith.

I’m a practicing Catholic, so I understand the struggle, but the only ones I sympathize for are those whose faiths demand a quorum of the faithful- a minyan of 10 peop in orthodox jewish traditions- or who eschew electricity- the Amish, etc.

Even so, no matter who you worship, He/She/It probably doesn’t want you to die, especially endangering others in the process. Find another way. Don’t cluster up- go outside and shout the good word at each other from a distance.

while I agree the churches should voluntarily close doors or limit people inside... I don’t believe the government should force them to close when stores like Walmart and mcondalds are still open. Seems off When most every business is deemed essential and youcrack down on churches...

while I agree the churches should voluntarily close doors or limit people inside... I don’t believe the government should force them to close when stores like Walmart and mcondalds are still open. Seems off When most every business is deemed essential and youcrack down on churches...

Food, hardware stores, and business supply stores ARE necessary. Church is not. The community might be, but they can be creative like all the other businesses out there.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

The difference is that Wallmarts are HUGE. And people gotta eat. Most places I know about, McDonald's is only open for drive-through.

Even a big church, unless they are only letting people sit 6 feet apart (so, what, like 3/4 empty church?) is TOO CLOSE. A church open to allow a few people in to pray, would be fine. Hosting sermons is really not a good idea. A choir, (or any group of people SINGING) is a TERRIBLE idea.

Disagree. We still need shelter that doesn't crumble around us -- which means hardware stores. Restaurants are important places to get food as well as the grocery stores, as long as it is take out. Businesses are still running, some still need to be on-site, but most are at home -- which means people still need business supplies, sometimes even more than before.

Last edited:

ad_hoc

(they/them)
The difference is that Wallmarts are HUGE. And people gotta eat. Most places I know about, McDonald's is only open for drive-through.

Even a big church, unless they are only letting people sit 6 feet apart (so, what, like 3/4 empty church?) is TOO CLOSE. A church open to allow a few people in to pray, would be fine. Hosting sermons is really not a good idea. A choir, (or any group of people SINGING) is a TERRIBLE idea.

It doesn't even matter if they kept their distance as they are still going outside for non-essential reasons.

In Canada we have orders to:

1. Only go out for essential supplies like grocery and pharmacy and to limit to 1x/week if possible.
2. Short walks in the neighbourhood alone or only with people living in the same household.

Only leave the house otherwise if doing essential work.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases